Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark
    I've seen everyone talking about VersaMail.....what about MultiMail?
    MultiMail is the old name for what is now VersaMail.
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    Thank you so much!! I finally got around to doing this and it has made a world of difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmass
    Verizon-based Treos do not have Versamail installed unless you choose to install it from the CD-ROM that came with the phone.
    ** begrudgingly applauds Verizon **

** sits back down and burns Verizon Wireless ad in newspaper **
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Ladies and gents, Versamail is not the problem. As previously stated, Verizon based 700's don't have it pre-installed and trust me, we're still seeing the slowdowns. The most probable culprit is a "memory cache" issue (as noted, slow-downs increase as more programs are installed) and a firmware update will be required to get it right. Let's, collectively, contact Palm and "urge" them to get that update out quickly. Thoughts???
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    here, here
    There is another element that we may not have thought of... for those of us coming from the Treo650, we had only about 20MB of RAM to play with. With the Treo700p, we have almost 3x the RAM. I have installed over 40MB of programs so far on my new Treo700p!

Perhaps I should use ZLauncher and keep more of them on the SD card?
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    The files come back after a soft reset.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maceyr
    The files come back after a soft reset.
    read through the thread, this has been discussed.
    So I took the time to do this on my Sprint 700p and it DEFINITELY helped. We'll see how long it last, but for the meantime, I'll take it.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    I have deleted the Versamail mails and have definitely noticed an increase in speed when switching to the phone application.

But I am finding it takes increasingly longer to turn the phone on and off.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks,

JC
    Quote Originally Posted by qb11g
    Ladies and gents, Versamail is not the problem. As previously stated, Verizon based 700's don't have it pre-installed and trust me, we're still seeing the slowdowns. The most probable culprit is a "memory cache" issue (as noted, slow-downs increase as more programs are installed) and a firmware update will be required to get it right. Let's, collectively, contact Palm and "urge" them to get that update out quickly. Thoughts???
    The problem is the database access times as discussed in this thread: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=118867

Jeff Gibson has confirmed the results and feels that Palm should be able to fix the problem quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    What I am finding is that database access times are significantly greater on the 700P than they are on the 650. This is causing slow downs in every application I have on the 700P. You can really see the impact if you use Palm File Browser. It takes forever to have the file actually written to the device.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Been using my 700p for about seven weeks now and never touched Versamail until yesterday (for this reason).

I then noticed the lag that everyone's complaining about. Switching to the phone app is somewhat slower, then once in the phone app it takes another second or so for the "Sprint" tag to appear in the upper left corner. Might be my imagination but switching to other apps in LauncherX, starting calendar or SMS seems a bit slower as well. I have since deleted all asc3 and asc4 files and appear to be back to "normal".

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    "We are now cruising at a level of two to the power of two hundred and seventy-six thousand to one against and falling, and we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what is normal anyway. Thank you…"
    [...]
    "We have normality. I repeat, we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem."
    Samsung SCH-8500 & Palm m515 --> Treo600 --> Treo650 --> Treo700p --> Epic4G (all on Sprint)
    Well, I jumped in and I tried it. WOW, it did make a big difference.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    I took a dive in to this myself, although rather unexpectedly.

My 700P suddenly went in to a non-stop reset loop after replacing the battery. I couldn't get out of it for the life of me without doing a hard reset.

I didn't quite follow the steps described here, but I did set my Versamil conduit to 'Do Nothing' and resynced using the same device ID and a previous Hotsync backup. I did not open Versamil on the device- I use Chatter instead.

Everything came up fine after the restore and the speed is quite noticable and a HUGE improvement. Switching from Chatter to other apps is faster. The phone app also comes up faster than ever before.

I did not, however, solve the skipping in PocketTunes

I'll take it!
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJstreet
    I did not, however, solve the skipping in PocketTunes
    Have you tired going to General Preferences and unchecking "Turn off screen while playing after x seconds" ? That seemed to do the trick for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    Have you tired going to General Preferences and unchecking "Turn off screen while playing after x seconds" ? That seemed to do the trick for me.
    It doesn't work. I'm betting that you still get skips when pTunes is playing in the background and you load apps like Chatter or Blazer.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    It doesn't work. I'm betting that you still get skips when pTunes is playing in the background and you load apps like Chatter or Blazer.
    Doesn't work for me either- believe me I've tried everything that's been suggested. It seems that whenever the EVDO radio is working while PTunes is playing (Blazer, Chatter, Quicknews), the skipping is consistent.

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Interesting, it seems to work for me. I use it at the gym and it used to skip all the time, every couple of seconds. Now I don't hear any skips for the half hour to 45 min I listen to music.
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    Interesting, it seems to work for me. I use it at the gym and it used to skip all the time, every couple of seconds. Now I don't hear any skips for the half hour to 45 min I listen to music.
    Any background apps running? Email pulling, etc.? Are you running the standard PTunes or Deluxe?

Mine doesn't skip at all if it's running in the background only if I kill other apps that are running such as email and web browsing. Mine also rarely skips if I'm going between apps.

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    I'm currently playing a song in Pocket Tunes Deluxe 3.1.5 with chatter running in the background. I have not heard a skip yet. I just tried opening blazer and while loading cnn.com, I didn't get any skips. I'm using a Sandisk Ultra II 1gb sd card. I changed some setting in the past to turn of PC communications in Ptunes but I can't find it now. I'm running the newest beta of chatter.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast