Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 204
  1. #61  
    Clocker? What settings?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    Clocker? What settings?
    Link?
    Laissez Faire
  3. JJL
    JJL is offline
    JJL's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    #63  
    The big question is, does this stop the skipping in PTunes? Can someone who has tried this comment on that? Other than that, I am willing to live with the slowness.
  4. Chazzan's Avatar
    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by jccomo
    I deleted most of the ac3 and ac4 files but I still have the slight delay for Sprint to appear in the phone app.

    How can you tell which of the ac3 and ac4 files are in ROM and which you can delete?

    Thanks,

    JC

    BTW-- I think if you didn't download Business Connect then you won't see it to delete.
    I didn't delete anything in Rom and found a huge speed increase. My guess is that you have something else in ram that is continuing the slow down in the phone app.
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by krick
    I was experiencing the same weird delay in "Sprint" appearing as others when switching to the phone app, but I just deleted Business Connect (which I used until switching to Chattermail recently) and the lag is gone. Switching between apps generally seems quicker now as well, but only moderately so - I still get white screen and 1/2 second-ish lag. I didn't touch Versamail which I still use, so the improvement was almost certainly due to the deletion of BC.


    Krick,

    I cannot find Business Connect anywhere using either the built in Delete function, nor with FileZ. How did you delete this?

    Thanks, CC
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
  6. #66  
    [QUOTE=fstmstngs]Holy crap! I deleted everything starting w/ MM (via Filez) and now my 700p is flying! No more lag when switching to phone! It's like a whole new phone! Amazing!



    There are many, many files starting with the MM prefix. Are all these MM files associated with VersaMail? I'm a little scared to delete all these files, as I'm not sure what will happen.

    Thanks, CC
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    Clocker? What settings?
    Check out more info @http://www.hexview.com/pxa/
    "Who really needs to multitask on their phone." - PRE-rock
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Krick,

    I cannot find Business Connect anywhere using either the built in Delete function, nor with FileZ. How did you delete this?

    Thanks, CC
    If you haven't installed BC it will not be there.
  9.    #69  
    [QUOTE=Casey Cheung]
    Quote Originally Posted by fstmstngs
    Holy crap! I deleted everything starting w/ MM (via Filez) and now my 700p is flying! No more lag when switching to phone! It's like a whole new phone! Amazing!



    There are many, many files starting with the MM prefix. Are all these MM files associated with VersaMail? I'm a little scared to delete all these files, as I'm not sure what will happen.

    Thanks, CC

    Yeah you are safe to delete every thing with the mm prefix. It may not let you delete all of them because some are in rom, but if it won't let you, then you will get a message saying that the particular file can't be deleted.
  10. #70  
    huytrang90, thanks i'll take a look.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    There are many, many files starting with the MM prefix. Are all these MM files associated with VersaMail? I'm a little scared to delete all these files, as I'm not sure what will happen.

    Thanks, CC
    Go ahead and give it a try. I deleted all the unlocked files with no problem. They will all reappear if you launch versamail (but you will have a temporary error message).
    Palm V --> Clie 610 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 ("verizonfied") --> Treo 650 ("verizonfied") --> Vz Treo 700p -->AT&T Tilt
  12. #72  
    I have Verizon and no versamail and I still get the lag.
  13. #73  
    Wow - I spend my Sunday doing something other than checking this forum and failed to respond within 24 hours and suddenly I'm someone that you "never hear back from again," thereby calling into question the veracity of my earlier posts?

    As others have since noted, if you never installed BC, then you won't find it to delete. It never occured to me that anyone would try to find an app that was never installed, but my apologies for not clarifiying this in my earlier posts. If you did install it, then it should show up in any file browser. As I stated in an earlier post, I used Filez.

    Oh and comedytreogirl, if you don't respond to this email in 3.7 nanoseconds, then I guess you never ever will, which is probably for the better because anything you would have to say would be suspect anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by comedytreogirl
    well i guess we wont find out how to delete the business connection after all. thats the thing that i sometimes wonder about . and i see it alot. people tell you they did this or that and then dont tell you what software how the did it ect. like many of those who have made this same statement(tell us how you did it ect) on this site and many others i just wonder?
    we ask for the way they did it and we never hear back from them again. dont that make you wonder if it is true or not?
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by krick
    Wow - I spend my Sunday doing something other than checking this forum and failed to respond within 24 hours and suddenly I'm someone that you "never hear back from again," thereby calling into question the veracity of my earlier posts?

    As others have since noted, if you never installed BC, then you won't find it to delete. It never occured to me that anyone would try to find an app that was never installed, but my apologies for not clarifiying this in my earlier posts. If you did install it, then it should show up in any file browser. As I stated in an earlier post, I used Filez.

    Oh and comedytreogirl, if you don't respond to this email in 3.7 nanoseconds, then I guess you never ever will, which is probably for the better because anything you would have to say would be suspect anyway.

    LOL.....I love how trying to help, makes you the bad guy!
  15. #75  
    I have a Verizon 700p and no delays for me. Try doing a hard reset, don't install any of the Verizon crap from the CD, and then re-install your software one by one doing a soft reset after each one to see which one is causing the slowdown.
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by SonnyS
    I have a Verizon 700p and no delays for me. Try doing a hard reset, don't install any of the Verizon crap from the CD, and then re-install your software one by one doing a soft reset after each one to see which one is causing the slowdown.

    No delays between button presses? I did fresh install with Vz 700p and button lag was bad - didnt install any crap either.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  17. #77  
    Hey Krick . How dare you have a life. LOL. some people think that others sit at the PC all day .
  18. #78  
    i do still get the skip during the initial screen-off, and when switching between apps. But then again, this was happening before as well, so no difference with PTunes. Not for me anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by JJL
    The big question is, does this stop the skipping in PTunes? Can someone who has tried this comment on that? Other than that, I am willing to live with the slowness.
  19. #79  
    No delays at all... maybe .5 second, if that, switching between apps and such. If it ever paused for more than 1 second, I would definitely have noticed.

    Did you time the length of this "lag"? Also be careful when you run the CD installer -- it ends up putting a bunch of crap on your Treo when you sync it for the first time. I took all that stuff out of the "files to be installed" folder, and if nothing else, it saved me some storage space.
  20. #80  
    Ok, I'm willing to delete versamail. However will the crap may come back when one or all of the following happens:

    If I open Versamail again. (I can avoid this)
    If a reset happens ( I can't avoid this)
    How about a hotsync (I can't avoid this)

    So if the only way the crap comes back is if I open Versamial-I willing to go for it.
    But what's the answer?
    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions