Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Just the BC file - I think it was about 1.4M. I'm sure I left some related files on there, but I don't have a list of the related file names, and once I confirmed that deletion of the main file solved the delay problem, I left well enough alone.
    The only problem is that I noticed was when you re-set your phone, those files ALL come back again.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Sounds like a 700p ROM tool would really be of use in this situation.
    Versamail and its fast!@1

I dont know what I did, but my treo is fast now (loads up phone app with no waiting, sprint shows up immediatly)

I had the same "slow" response everyone else had. Did the tricks people have been posting, had problems with snapper mail which I just didnt really feel like fixing, chatter mail didnt support my server.

So I went back to versamail, synced up and everything and everything is running great and fast!

Although I havent done a soft reset yet, let me do one real quick....did a soft reset and its still fast, well faster. No white screen delay, or phone app - wait for the sprint to come up delay.

I dont know what is it that I did, or how to figure out what i did.
    which files did you delet for business ? i have zlzuncher and i cant seem to find it . im new here to the site so be eay on me
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    on my VZW 700P, I followed this link: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=63755 as shown above, and deleted the files listed. Then did a soft reset. The lag is gone! What a difference! Great suggestion! Now I just need to get some verification of an email app that works on the 700P and does not cause slowdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by krick
    I was experiencing the same weird delay in "Sprint" appearing as others when switching to the phone app, but I just deleted Business Connect (which I used until switching to Chattermail recently) and the lag is gone. Switching between apps generally seems quicker now as well, but only moderately so - I still get white screen and 1/2 second-ish lag. I didn't touch Versamail which I still use, so the improvement was almost certainly due to the deletion of BC.
    how did you delete business connect? i have sprint also
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Please tell us how to delete the Sprint Business Connect app please.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    Please tell us how to delete the Sprint Business Connect app please.
    willl a second please sound like we are begging . lol
    I don't care if it does,lol. I'll beg to learn how to do this I just deleted the above versamail files and noticed a speed inscrease. I am a chatter additct. Any things that makes my 700p better and faster is begworthy for me
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Well, I gave it a shot, and I certainly do see a speed improvement. Just like the others, deleted every ac3 / ac4 file I could find that weren't in rom. Seems to be moving quicker now.. Hopefully will continue
    Quote Originally Posted by comedytreogirl
    how did you delete business connect? i have sprint also
    Oh yeah, How does one do this without a rom edit?
    Would love to get this out of my treo.
    well i guess we wont find out how to delete the business connection after all. thats the thing that i sometimes wonder about . and i see it alot. people tell you they did this or that and then dont tell you what software how the did it ect. like many of those who have made this same statement(tell us how you did it ect) on this site and many others i just wonder?
    we ask for the way they did it and we never hear back from them again. dont that make you wonder if it is true or not?
    ^read posts 39 & 41. Sounds clear enough. No, I have not tried it. Good luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    ^read posts 39 & 41. Sounds clear enough. No, I have not tried it. Good luck.
    Really?

Try finding a "Business Connect" or "BC" file and report back.

Regarding Versamail, I deleted the files mentioned in the first post and noticed instant improvement. I've subsequently ran a Hotsync and soft reset with the improvement still there. The speed increase isn't earth shattering but it is noticeable.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    I don't have it either, I think you have to download it first or something.
    Just searched throughout my entire FileZ library and cannot find anything remotely similar to "BC" or "Business Connect." I would love to know more details if you recall.

I did a little experimentings: First, I deleted my entire versamail cache and left all the items in ROM that are listed as locked. My treo had an instant speed increase. Switching from any app to the phone decreased from a solid 3 seconds to less than 1/2 a second.

As soon as I re-opened Versamail, I got a data corruption error, then a pause, then it was ready for use. The delay immediately recurs, but less so, about slightly less than 2 seconds.

Next, I retrieved some email (3 items) and the delay increased to a full 3 seconds again. That settles it. Versamail cannot be used unless you want a delay. This should require a mandatory firmware update on Palm's part. In fact, I think I'll call palm tomorrow. Yes, I'll probably get nowhere, but maybe ask for a credit or a free accessorie to compensate me for the email program I will have to buy to fix their f-up. Yeah right. I'm dreaming.
    Palm V --> Clie 610 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 ("verizonfied") --> Treo 650 ("verizonfied") --> Vz Treo 700p -->AT&T Tilt
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    I deleted most of the ac3 and ac4 files but I still have the slight delay for Sprint to appear in the phone app.

How can you tell which of the ac3 and ac4 files are in ROM and which you can delete?

Thanks,

JC

BTW-- I think if you didn't download Business Connect then you won't see it to delete.
  19.    #59  
    I just deleted the versamail files in filez (anything with the creator id of ac3 or ac4) If you don't download business connect, then it will not show up in filez. You will notice the same speed improvements though if you delete the versamail files.
    I could not delete any files in ROM as mentioned from this thread. Try the full reset, but did not work.

Finally, I found the PXA Clocker to control usage from different application. I'm able to make my 700p runs much faster now. It also help with DocsToGo, less power consumption from Chatter, and other apps. I finally can run my 700p with full charge from 6am till 9pm on the 2400mA battery with full Chatter email (2 POPs, 1 Exchange Push).
    "Who really needs to multitask on their phone." - PRE-rock
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast