Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by krick
    I was experiencing the same weird delay in "Sprint" appearing as others when switching to the phone app, but I just deleted Business Connect (which I used until switching to Chattermail recently) and the lag is gone. Switching between apps generally seems quicker now as well, but only moderately so - I still get white screen and 1/2 second-ish lag. I didn't touch Versamail which I still use, so the improvement was almost certainly due to the deletion of BC.
    How did you delete "Business Connect". From the delete function in the drop down menu on the "home page" or something more complicated?

TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Here is a thread for returning Versamail to its "virginal" state. It should help those needing more instructions as it describes how to do it with FileZ.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=63755

I removed all the asc3 and asc4 files, but the asc4 files came back after a soft reset. However, I cannot tell any difference in performance.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    But doesn't there have to be some program using those files to slow the process down?
    They're just data files unless they are executing or something is looking at them...

It's unfortunate, because I like VersaMail. It works perfectly with my IMAP account.
    I'm assuming those of you deleting these files are not using VersaMail, correct?

Gary
    If anyone (and I know many of you are) is really liking something else a lot more can you give a recommendation (with the version number you are using, it seems like many of the software sites have old versions) and maybe a link?

Gary
    Worsamail sucks in my opinion i would stick with either Chatter or Snappermail.
  6.    #26  
    I am using chatter currently. You can get the latest version from www.chatteremail.com
    WOW that really helps Thanks. With Filez looking at Versa ... man that's one fat pig!
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    I was experiencing the same weird delay in "Sprint" appearing as others when switching to the phone app, but I just deleted Business Connect (which I used until switching to Chattermail recently) and the lag is gone. Switching between apps generally seems quicker now as well, but only moderately so - I still get white screen and 1/2 second-ish lag. I didn't touch Versamail which I still use, so the improvement was almost certainly due to the deletion of BC.

how do you delete this - can't find it on the Sprint 700
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Just deleted the Vesamail files & it made a change of a second or two. Clicking on apps on the card still a little slow, but I believe its ZLauncher. My Power Vision is a bit faster though..
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    MMID files returns after a soft reset when deleted...
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Yeah--how did you delete the Business Connect?
    Holy crap! I deleted everything starting w/ MM (via Filez) and now my 700p is flying! No more lag when switching to phone! It's like a whole new phone! Amazing!

-Mike

Interesting... Installed Snappermail... Still fast. Setup Gmail account... still fast. Setup preferences in Snappermail... SLOW! Now I'm really confused.

Uninstalled Snappermail (no soft reset) FAST! WTF is up with this?
    Last edited by fstmstngs; 06/24/2006 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Add info
  13.    #33  
    I just wish we could get the romtool working and then we could remove versamail and business connect permanently
    I deleted all of my VersaMail files and now my 700p is flying. I have not soft reset yet... I am hoping that the speed doesn't go away once a soft reset occurs... :-)

One thing I noticed before deleting all of the mm files, is that I don't have a VersaMail program icon in any of my menus. I'm not sure were it went, and since I don't use it I don't care that it's gone. But I did think it was weird that it wasn't there to begin with. I'm wondering if my initial HotSync didn't remove it while upgrading from the 650... reason I say that is I also noticed that if I hard reset, I have an OnDemand icon, but then right after I HotSync with my profile, the OnDemand icon disappears, and my Pocket Express icon takes it's place. I'm wondering if for some reason, having Chatter Email installed, when that initial HotSync is done, if the Palm software doesn't take out VersaMail..
    Last edited by DigitalJEM; 06/24/2006 at 11:56 PM.
    Joshua Miller
    jemiller@jem.phoenix.az.us
    worked for me too i didnt soft reset but if you enter into versamail it gets slow again
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinTurbo350z
    worked for me too i didnt soft reset but if you enter into versamail it gets slow again
    I don't think i'll have that problem though :-)... as I noted above.. I don't have a VersaMail icon anymore and i'm not sure why. Not that I care :-D
    Joshua Miller
    jemiller@jem.phoenix.az.us
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Newbe Question? How are you deleting the files, I have both filez and zlauncher and I can't seem to delete the files. Are you just deleting the non ROM files?
  18.    #38  
    I will write a write-up tomorrow on what to do, to make it easier for you.
    To everyone who asked about how I deleted Business Connect, I used Filez.
    To everyone who asked about how I deleted Business Connect, I used Filez.

which files?
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast