Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011
    hi everyone,

just got my first treo, and i'm extremely excited. i am wondering if i should/could do this for my 755p. i have no experience with any previous treos so i can't really judge if my treo could be any faster. if so, would this work for it? also, any way to do this if i am syncing with missing sync?

thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigleaguechu View Post
    hi everyone,

just got my first treo, and i'm extremely excited. i am wondering if i should/could do this for my 755p. i have no experience with any previous treos so i can't really judge if my treo could be any faster. if so, would this work for it? also, any way to do this if i am syncing with missing sync?

thanks!
    The 755p has no lag. I have a 755p and 700p. The 755p is fixed and no longer has the issues the 700p has.. Please go to the 755p section here.

The issue with the 700p is when you hit the home key then change to the phone application you get a white screen first the the phone appear and it takes a good 2-3 seconds to change from home screen to phone. The 755p does not have this lag issue.
    I installed Uncache about a week ago, and Resco locker. My T700P has been performing phenomonally. Fast in everything. It's also improved BT connections.

Not for everyone though, which is too bad.
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    Quote Originally Posted by rbienstock View Post
    I'm wondering if my IR patch actually took. The instructions on the Palm site state

If your smartphone has already been updated, you may not need this software. Here's how to find out:

1. Press Phone/Send.
    2. Press Menu.
    3. From the Options menu, select Phone Info.
    4. On the Phone Info screen, look for the Software item.

If you see any of the following ...

* Treo700p-1.08-SPNT
    * Treo700p-1.06-VZW

... then you should install this update.

Since mine said Treo700p-1.08-SPNT, I installed the update, which appeared to run properly, but after the phone reset, I followed the above instructions again and it still says Treo700p-1.08-SPNT. What should it say after a successful install?
    The IR patch is just that. A patch for the Infrared port on the 700p. It affects nothing else in the Treo. It would be that same as if you updated to the latest version of Pocket-tunes and then checked to see if your firmware was a different revision. The patch doesn't change the firmware number, and it will probably be deleted after a hard reset.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011