Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Just a thought but if someone could write a hack to make the phone app skip checking the versamail database... I'd be willing to bet that it speeds switching into it tremendously.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    I just downloaded chattermail & changed the app prefs from versamail to chattermail. I left chattermail unsynced so it would have no email. My hope was that the phone app would be quicker since it had no database to scan through but the lag remained at 4-5 seconds. I also deactivating the locator service & changing it 911 only. Still no improvement. I also coupled this with the background change but still nothing.

I had recently did a hard reset so maybe I already have it at the quickest possible. Maybe someone else could try it.

It would be interesting to find out what exactly it is doing during that pause.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    It's not the phone app lag that bothers me, it's the trickle loading of 'large' databases that is killing me.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I have found that also deleting the "Additt" files also, speeds up my Treo and even more improves lag issues... under Eplorer or FileZ do a filter search by selecting Name: and Addit it will bring up all the files ... just my 2 cents...

Fridayy
    Quote Originally Posted by fridayy View Post
    I have found that also deleting the "Additt" files also, speeds up my Treo and even more improves lag issues... under Eplorer or FileZ do a filter search by selecting Name: and Addit it will bring up all the files ... just my 2 cents...

Fridayy
    Yes, but doesn't all that nonsense come back after a reset?
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Just using RemoveIt! to get rid of Versamail, then doing a soft reset solves the problem. I had a huge database, and my phone would hang for 30secs before/after every phone call. Now the problem is solved. Of course, I disabled the conduit on my PC also, but no hard reset or new user profile was necessary. Curiously, there were TWO Versamails (and quite a few DB's associated with each) according to RemoveIt!
    I was about to return this thing. Just traded from the 650 on saturday and I was dumbfounded and pissed at the slow speed. Ptunes was choppy and the app switching issue was insane.

Now, its FAST i don't know how u figured this out but u rock.

for the guys without a pc.
    Copy the important DB's to the card.

Then copy the apps with the regular copy funtion.

Hard reset and copy it all back without goin ANYWHERE near versa mail app!

voila! Speedy Gonpalmez
    I just installed the IR fix on my 700p, and it does seem much faster.
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    I just installed the IR fix on my 700p, and it does seem much faster overall. From keyboard entries to page transitions. Even accessing and editing contacts seems faster.
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    What is the IR fix?
    Laissez Faire
    Maybe that is why I haven't had all the problems with mine. I installed the IR update on day one. my problems are with several of the 3rd party stuff. But that's another thread.
    Matty
    I happen to have 2 700p's (Sprint), one of them is brand spankin new. I've had it for about 6 months; I got it from Equipment Protection after I destroyed a 650 and they didn't have any refurbs. It's been activated, made 1 phone call and one trip to the internet to the Sprint web site just to make sure it worked. Been sittin in the box all charged up, never been sync'd, no third party apps, no email, no nothing and it flys thru the pre-loaded apps and back and forth to the phone app. I'm going **** around with it and see if I can make it slow down and where it goes wrong. I'm no power user, but my life is in my other one, so it is important to me. I'll let you all know in about a week where it goes wrong.

BBossman
    Last edited by BBossman1; 04/28/2007 at 06:07 AM. Reason: I'm sleepy!
    I just installed the IR "patch" and the phone does seem a tad more snappy. Or its just my wishful imagination.
    I just did as well. For the first 5 minutes I couldn't really tell a difference. Perhaps my wishful imagination is creeping in, but after the first time I ran the apps assigned to the hard buttons, it does seem a tad faster - right on the border of imaginary and real. Almost wish I had run PalmInternals/pBench/Speedy first to see if it was measurable.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    No doubt for about 30 mins after a hard reset the phone is quick.. But after that even with stock junk it bogs down. I have read so many ways to make the treo faster an none of them work. One I didnt see mentioned was the theory that the phone app is slowed down because it has to check the time... Well it makes no difference on my phone if you tell it get the time for the network or not.

Plain and simple the treo has some major software issues that have to deal with the way files are run.
    question on this IR update - the directions say if you have 1.08 SPNT under INFO then you need to update. i updated (reset too) and i still have 1.08 under INFO. could this be correct? i'm assuming there'd be a different version showing.
    Good point. I'd expect some version number update as well, but mine still shows Treo700p-1.08-SPNT after the required reset. I can't really tell any diff after the install, but don't use the IR much anyway.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    So I tried this again.. And figured out I messed up checking the versa mail install sync..

I must report that not using versa mail and never starting it this tip really works and my treo is instant fast..

I have the follow 3rd party applicaitons on and so far for the past 3 days even after resets its still fast. (use obfuscate to hide versa mail and make sure to take the hotkey for versa mail off)

google maps
    slingplayer
    tomtom 6
    volume care
    USB modem
    cotoGPS
    along with missing sync
    Ringo
    Docts to go 10

Let me know if you want me to add more applications to see if anything slows my treo down.

Forgot to add I have kinoma player along with chatter mail
    Last edited by AndrewAz; 05/07/2007 at 12:54 AM.
    I'm wondering if my IR patch actually took. The instructions on the Palm site state

If your smartphone has already been updated, you may not need this software. Here's how to find out:

1. Press Phone/Send.
    2. Press Menu.
    3. From the Options menu, select Phone Info.
    4. On the Phone Info screen, look for the Software item.

If you see any of the following ...

* Treo700p-1.08-SPNT
    * Treo700p-1.06-VZW

... then you should install this update.

Since mine said Treo700p-1.08-SPNT, I installed the update, which appeared to run properly, but after the phone reset, I followed the above instructions again and it still says Treo700p-1.08-SPNT. What should it say after a successful install?
    Regards,

Robert
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast