1.    #1  
    iam haveing problems everytime i plug in sync cable in to the 700p. my windows media player keeps poping up and it will not connect to the 700p iam still have these problems
    Last edited by treo rookie; 01/06/2007 at 06:30 PM.
  2.    #2  
    bump for help.
    i had the same program when i first got my 700p. Install the driver on the 700p disk. Should pick up your treo 700p and windows should see its not a media device.
    go to your device manager and it should be under the usb controller menu, just delete the one that says MTU or MTS device i forgot what its called but the icon looks like a little mp3 player , uninstall that and you should be able to hotsync after that
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    go to your device manager and it should be under the usb controller menu, just delete the one that says MTU or MTS device i forgot what its called but the icon looks like a little mp3 player , uninstall that and you should be able to hotsync after that
    where do i find the device manager at. everytime i connect the 700p up to the pc mtp media player keeps poping up.
  6.    #6  
    bump
  7.    #7  
    can someone give me steps by step to fix this this my first treo. thanks
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo rookie View Post
    iam haveing problems everytime i plug in sync cable in to the 700p. my windows media player keeps poping up and it will not connect to the 700p iam still have these problems
    bump for answer my 700 p keeps want to syns with the media player
    Here is what I did to fix this on my Treo 680:

1) From the 'Start' menu, click on 'Control Panel'.
    2) Once the control panel opens up, double click on the 'System' icon to open up the system properties.
    3) Select the 'Hardware' tab in system properties, then click on the 'Device Manager' button.
    4) This will load the Device Manager, which lists all of the components of your computer, and allows you to delete/add components, or update drivers.
    If you scroll to the bottom of this list, there should be one that says 'WMP' or 'Windows Portable Media', or something to that affect. Expand this by clicking the '+' sign that is to the left of it.
    5) Right click on expanded portion (should also say something to the effect of 'Windows Portable Media', and click on 'Update Driver...' from the dialog box that pops up.
    6) This should load a Hardware Update Wizard. Leave the default setting selected ('Install the software automatically [Recommended]'), then click the 'Next>' button.
    7) (note the 'if' in this step.. it may not ask this if you have already previously chosen to always search the internet) If it asks if you want to connect to the internet to search for drivers, choose yes (it doesn't matter if you select this time only for always to search the internet).
    8) It should find a new driver & install it, called Palm Handheld.
    9) Try to hotsync again & see if it works.

MP
    Soft Reset!