1.    #1  
    My needs have changed a bit. I no longer need push email. I have consolidated my email accounts to just one mailbox on IMAP (Fastmail still).

I am thinking about switching from using Chatter on my 700p to using Email (Versamail). Sad as it may sound- so far so good. If I continued to need Push, then Chatter would be my choice.

I send maybe 5 emails a year from my Treo (usually use a desktop client for most email).

Versamail seems simpler and mioght just do the trick. We'll see.
  2.    #2  
    BTW- sorry for this. I know dogs and cats sleeping together kinda stuff. Freaky.
    In my very humble opinion (don't laugh), Chatter is about as easy as it gets. As reliable as it gets. My wife of 27 years used Versamail and liked it. She then tried ChatterEmail and loves it. Ben
    My emails aren't as much as they were 3 years ago, but I can't leave Chatter, its a great app. Plus I already paid for it . After I tried ALL different email apps no one can compete.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Try versamail... if it works for you, go for it!
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    If you already paid for Chatter, I don't know why you would change. It will still work great, even if you don't use push.
    looking at your recent threads, I must say, you are NOT using the full potential of your phone.

Why are you doing this to the poor 700P????????????????????????????
    yeah well on the 700P, Chatter also drains my battery to nothing in 6 hours. Only talk on the phone for a few minutes & very light browsing. Draining the battery that much, that quick is not worth "push" to me...
    In my situation, email is used throughout the day and push comes in real handy. The ability to rapidly answer/react is a time saver for me and hence worth the feeding my Treo receives off and on through the day. Ben
    treoneo - Something's wrong if that's happening. If you like, we can try to figure out what it is...

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    yeah well on the 700P, Chatter also drains my battery to nothing in 6 hours. Only talk on the phone for a few minutes & very light browsing. Draining the battery that much, that quick is not worth "push" to me...
    Totally agree...thats why I never even gave it a glance. My friend uses it and gripes about the drain too. I'm old fashion, and I am sticking with Versamail from which I have 4 accounts under.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    Totally agree...thats why I never even gave it a glance. My friend uses it and gripes about the drain too. I'm old fashion, and I am sticking with Versamail from which I have 4 accounts under.

RC15 is working perfectly fine, no drain w/ 7 mailboxes on IMAP IDLE.

BEST PROGRAM EVER MADE FOR THE TREO
    Versamail does work when set up properly. I think you will like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    RC15 is working perfectly fine, no drain w/ 7 mailboxes on IMAP IDLE.

BEST PROGRAM EVER MADE FOR THE TREO

When I read the title of this thread I really thought it was a joke. At least I could never go back to Worse-a-fail / Snapper or anything else from Chatter.

Those with drain issues should send Marc an email - I don't see that at all.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Isn't Versamail more limited in its handling of attachments? I experimented a little and it wouldn't even open/transfer to docs a simple word document. It did work with a spreadsheet though. What has been others experience with Versamail and attachments?
    Thanks.
    Versamail is limited, but was sufficient for me, except that it slows down the phone quite a bit. See this thread.

Chatter is just so much versatile. Oops. That adjective belongs to the other program.
    Palm V --> Clie 610 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 ("verizonfied") --> Treo 650 ("verizonfied") --> Vz Treo 700p -->AT&T Tilt
    Can anyone tell me why when I take a picture and email it, the name displayed in the inbox is my cell number @verizon..... Can you change the default email app that works with the camera to chatter. (the email app I use)