Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    Searched every thread until my eyes burned!!

    Got the dreaded olerr error today (contacts only). Tried every trick in the palm support database, including the outlook repair, which proceeded to delete all of my contacts.....

    So I tried syncing with the contacts conduit set to handheld overwrites desktop, but I'm still getting the error.

    First, how can I get that error when there are no contact in my pc outlook?

    Second, can anyone help me??
  2. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #2  
    I got this same problem. hate to tell you this but you have to set the contacts conduit to 'desktop overwrites hand held'. Make sure to backup your contacts on your Treo. Once I did that I was able to sync w/out errors. I wish you luck
  3. #3  
    Before you do that, you might want to try the freeware dbscan from Pimlico Software (maker of DateBk6). It's been awhile since I had this happen and may be confusing solutions, but if you select Remove All Deleted Records from the menu and choose the Palmsource DB (I did both, but I think it's the Palmsource that contains the deleted records) it may resolve the problem.
  4.    #4  
    nrg, ug, drastic, but perhaps necessary. I'll try it.

    otterman, I tried that already as well! I really tried to do my homework before starting a new thread; I should have mentioned everything I tried as well, but now, this morning, I can't remember to list it!
  5. pabo's Avatar
    Posts
    813 Posts
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    #5  
    nrg - do you set desktop overwites hh as the default, or just a one time fix.

    I previously had this issue - moved contacts to a new outlook folder, overwrote Treo with the original (now) empty folder, pointed hotsync to the new folder and hotsynced and it fixed the problem for about a week...
  6. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by pabo
    nrg - do you set desktop overwites hh as the default, or just a one time fix.

    I previously had this issue - moved contacts to a new outlook folder, overwrote Treo with the original (now) empty folder, pointed hotsync to the new folder and hotsynced and it fixed the problem for about a week...
    I did it as a one time deal.
  7. BenJoeM's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #7  
    pocket mirror
    Palm V to the Palm 505 to the Palm 515 to the Zire 71 to Treo 600 to the Treo 650 to the Treo 700 to the Treo 755 to the Treo 700w (30 days hated it) to the Treo 755p to the Blackberry World Edition (Hated it) to the PALM PRE!
  8. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    nrg, ug, drastic, but perhaps necessary. I'll try it.

    otterman, I tried that already as well! I really tried to do my homework before starting a new thread; I should have mentioned everything I tried as well, but now, this morning, I can't remember to list it!
    How did it work out?
  9.    #9  

    haven't done it yet....
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by otterman
    Before you do that, you might want to try the freeware dbscan from Pimlico Software (maker of DateBk6). It's been awhile since I had this happen and may be confusing solutions, but if you select Remove All Deleted Records from the menu and choose the Palmsource DB (I did both, but I think it's the Palmsource that contains the deleted records) it may resolve the problem.
    This worked perfectly!!!! Thanx Otterman!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I got this same problem. hate to tell you this but you have to set the contacts conduit to 'desktop overwrites hand held'. Make sure to backup your contacts on your Treo. Once I did that I was able to sync w/out errors. I wish you luck
    I set contacts conduit to "desktop overrides handheld", hotsynced and checked: no contacts on desktop or hh. Restored contacts from backup, hotsynced with desktop, and.......no contacts on desktop!

    No matter how I set up the conduit, my contacts folder remains empty! Now what????
  12. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    I set contacts conduit to "desktop overrides handheld", hotsynced and checked: no contacts on desktop or hh. Restored contacts from backup, hotsynced with desktop, and.......no contacts on desktop!

    No matter how I set up the conduit, my contacts folder remains empty! Now what????
    Sounds like you are in deeper than I was. I wish you luck.

Posting Permissions