Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Option+Menu = ?
    Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just learned something new about my treo today! Thanks!
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    No prob
    So can anyone define the difference between lowering the brightness and doing the dimming?
    argh, well, apparently I don't know which one is option/menu or both.

Isn't the menu one the button to the right of Alt? Which one is option...
    Option is the blue button. Menu is the old (Treo 650) right shift key (just right of the Alt key).

You can actually get the screen ultra-dim (dimmer than you can with the slider alone) by bringing up the brightness slider (option+p), moving it all the way left, moving one click right (pressing the right direction of the 5-way navigation once), and then doing the option+menu trick. With a few tries, you can get the screen almost this dim using the stylus and brightness slider...but not quite as dim. Unfortunately, there's a bug or something that prevents this ultra-dim mode from existing with the keyboard lights turned off (e.g., using KeyShades). Pressing option+menu always turns the keyboard lights back on. If it didn't, this ultra-dim mode would be ideal for geeking out in dark venues (theater, symphony hall, etc) without catching the eye of the mrs. The small difference between ultra-dim and the dimmest slider setting is just enough to make the phone seem like a flashlight in those settings.
    Motorola Startac → Samsung SCH-8500 → SonyEricsson T608 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p
    yeah, I think I found that slider thing a couple of times but not this dim trick. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4spammers
    Option is the blue button. Menu is the old (Treo 650) right shift key (just right of the Alt key).

You can actually get the screen ultra-dim (dimmer than you can with the slider alone) by bringing up the brightness slider (option+p), moving it all the way left, moving one click right (pressing the right direction of the 5-way navigation once), and then doing the option+menu trick. With a few tries, you can get the screen almost this dim using the stylus and brightness slider...but not quite as dim. Unfortunately, there's a bug or something that prevents this ultra-dim mode from existing with the keyboard lights turned off (e.g., using KeyShades). Pressing option+menu always turns the keyboard lights back on. If it didn't, this ultra-dim mode would be ideal for geeking out in dark venues (theater, symphony hall, etc) without catching the eye of the mrs. The small difference between ultra-dim and the dimmest slider setting is just enough to make the phone seem like a flashlight in those settings.
    What blue button...lol..
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    under the a...