1.    #1  
    I have had my 700p for a couple of weeks now and I am not happy with the voice quality. It sounds fine on my side, but people that I call say they can't hear me that well. It's ok if there is no background noise, but if there is on either side, then it tends to drop out intermittently.

I also tried the 650p for a while and while the 700p is better, it's no where close to the Sony Ericsson W600 that I tried. The voice quality on the latter was excellent, particularly the speakerphone. I have read the old threads on the 650 voice quality, but not many comments on the 700p.

I really would prefer to keep my 700p because I am a longtime Palm user. However, if people have a hard time hearing me, it defeats the purpose of having an integrated phone in the first place. I am debating getting a Bluetooth or wired headset to improve the voice quality, but realistically, I doubt I would carry that with me all of the time. If I have to carry two items, then I would seriously consider going back to a separate Palm and phone.

Is anyone else having voice quality issues?
    My problem is a very noticable high-pitched whine in the earpeice while on the phone.
    Anyone else having this issue?
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by homerme
    I have had my 700p for a couple of weeks now and I am not happy with the voice quality. It sounds fine on my side, but people that I call say they can't hear me that well. It's ok if there is no background noise, but if there is on either side, then it tends to drop out intermittently.

I also tried the 650p for a while and while the 700p is better, it's no where close to the Sony Ericsson W600 that I tried. The voice quality on the latter was excellent, particularly the speakerphone. I have read the old threads on the 650 voice quality, but not many comments on the 700p.

I really would prefer to keep my 700p because I am a longtime Palm user. However, if people have a hard time hearing me, it defeats the purpose of having an integrated phone in the first place. I am debating getting a Bluetooth or wired headset to improve the voice quality, but realistically, I doubt I would carry that with me all of the time. If I have to carry two items, then I would seriously consider going back to a separate Palm and phone.

Is anyone else having voice quality issues?
    I'm having some of the same issues. It's actually a bit worse with a BT headset (I use a Jabra JX10). A wired headset seems to clear things up a bit. Still, voice quality is a real issue.
    IMO the sound is better on the 700 then the 650 ymmv.........
    I am having no issues with the sound on my 700P on either side of the conversation. My wife, who hated me calling her on my 650, says the 700P sounds great. I had a RAZR phone and she says the sound is comparable.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoT
    My problem is a very noticable high-pitched whine in the earpeice while on the phone.
    Yes, I've heard it. Not on my 700p, but I have heard other ones with the horrible whine. It's almost like a loudspeaker feedback noise. Get it exchanged for a new one.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoT
    Nope. Incoming is nearly perfect for me. Ironically, I find it slightly better than the W600. Also, with most phones, including the W600 moving my head slightly meant I couldn't hear the other caller. For whatever reason, I noticed the 700p is much better.
    My wife says she hears everything in the background and it drives her nuts when I am on my 700p. I told her that the mic is the same mic used when the phone is on speaker, so if you are in a business meeting and you are using speaker, you want everyone to be heard clearly, so it makes sense why everything is heard at times. Remember, its a PDA first, then a phone.
    at&t iPhone3G
    high-pitched whine too !!