1.    #1  
    Hi all!

I've been testing alot of software lately on my Treo 650 (recently upgraded to 1.20), which has resulted in incredible unstable operation. What I'll be looking to do is clear all RAM and then manually transfer data from system apps, contacts, message database and such things. Doing this would be alot easier with a list over system files and their use, specifically what files the ROM apps use to store data. If anyone could point me to such a list if it exists it would be much appreciated
  2.    #2  
    Another thing that would help alot in this is a list of CreatorIDs and their respective companies/programs.
    This doesn't really answer your question but...

I suggest a hard reset and the a sync of your PIM info.

do not install your apps yet.

Install the neatfreak pack from northglide software. (cleanup and uninstall manager)

then install your apps.

Uninstall monitors what app are linked with which database. Use it do get rid of unwanted apps.

Cleanup is good for finding stray files. They even have an constantly updated reference database on their site that explains what creator ID's belong to which apps. (that part you asked for I think)

great and essential Palm OS tools.

I hope that helps a little.

Good luck!
  4.    #4  
    Lots of help here, thanks a lot! I'll go through it and see if I can make use of it :-)
    There is this list at Brighthand. No new system files for 700p available at this time as nobody has provided updated information. However this should cover the majority.