1.    #1  
    It takes about 15 minutes for my phone to hotsync, as compared to 3 minutes with my 650. Is this just a "feature" of the 700? Or maybe it's just my phone?
    There is something wrong...my 700 takes just a couple of minutes.
    at&t iPhone3G
    make sure that it is not locking up on any apps that its trying to sync, if you have alot of pics in the ram that is always an issue since it needs to sync all those pics and videos,you might want to move your pics and vids to the sd card, but make sure that its not locking up on any apps
    My 700p syncs MUCH faster than my 650, especially Versa Mail. If I were you I'd do what rick2203 suggests.

Also, if you are using Versa Mail, it may take longer to sync if you have over 500 e-mails in the inbox of the e-mail account you are checking. That was an issue I had with my 650 and it took an unreasonable amount of time to sync. Once I cleared my inbox of the messages that had already been checked syncing sped back up. Haven't had that issue with the 700, though.
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    are you hotsyncing over bt or usb?
    What platform?
  7.    #7  
    I am not using VersaMail, hot syncing through USB, and no pics in RAM - all on the card. I haven't noticed if it is locking up on a particular app. That's a good thought. I will have to test that.

Gary - what do you mean by platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJack
    I am not using VersaMail, hot syncing through USB, and no pics in RAM - all on the card. I haven't noticed if it is locking up on a particular app.
    Looking for a particular spot where it locks is a good idea. I've gone through that on my 650. Another thing to try is popping out your card when you sync (if you don't rely on sync as your only way of backing up). Whenever I have movies on my card, it takes forever to sync media. If you've truly got a huge amount of pictures, that could be it.
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJack
    Gary - what do you mean by platform.
    Windows or Macintosh.

It takes forever to sync on my Mac. It's like a new sync every time.

Gary
    Quote Originally Posted by garylapointe
    Windows or Macintosh.

It takes forever to sync on my Mac. It's like a new sync every time.

Gary
    Syncing with ical is a dog. I just use a one way once a month to capture it plus use Backupbuddy on a regular basis.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
  11.    #11  
    i'm using windows xp pro
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Have you got an 'AddIt' conduit? I did and figured it was for the app 'OnDemand'. I set the conduit to 'Do Nothing' and set up 'OnDemand' to auto-update at 5am.
  13.    #13  
    Yes I do. Why would there be an Add-It conduit? What needs to be synced with my PC?
    If you have the Add-It conduit installed, as NRG asked, that would be the cause of the problem. I went into Hotsync and unchecked it. It is a program that offers up software to purchase on your palm. Remove the checkbox on that and your hotsyncs should improve dramatically. It is tying into a server to get software titles. Real pain and totally unneeded.