1.    #1  
    Hi there,

I'm looking for eyemodule DBS so I can use eyecontact without having to buy an eyemodule.

Can anybody help please?

Thanks.

BobRus
  2. Ash
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    As far as I've been able to tell there's currently no way to load pictures into the eyemodule DB without taking them with an eyemodule. Converters exist to get the pictures out of the eyemodule DB, but none exist to convert them into the eyemodule DB.

That may change with the new eye drop software, but it doesn't seem to be available for download anywhere yet.
    Originally posted by Ash
    As far as I've been able to tell there's currently no way to load pictures into the eyemodule DB without taking them with an eyemodule. Converters exist to get the pictures out of the eyemodule DB, but none exist to convert them into the eyemodule DB.
    And it will probably stay that way. Since IDEO (who makes the eyemodules) is also the one making most (if not all) the eyemodule applications, I'm sure their policy wisely (from their point of view) encourages features that accentuate the value of owning an eyemodule, and discourages features that don't. I can imagine this discussion at IDEO:

"We can make EyeContact useful even for people who DON'T own eyemdules! Should we?"

"Uhm, Would that help us sell eyemodules?"

"No, but..."

"You just answered your own question."

Dave ;-)
    There is nothing yet made by man that cannot be improved upon.
  4. Ash
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    But they could make it available as shareware or something.

Another problem is that even if you have an eyemodule, you can't take pictures with it then modify them on your desktop and upload them again (that appears to be a feature of the eyemodule 2 though). If I could have gotten pictures from my desktop into the eyemodule database to use with eyecontact I would have bought an eyemodule when they were cheap.
    Note for any developer who wishes to pursue writing something like this: On Handspring's Software Development, Software Tools and Utilities page, they have posted the source for their Photo Album programs, both the Desktop and the Device. The device program can read eyemodule images. Thus by examining the source, one should be able to discern the eyemodule's data base structures.