Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I could not stand the thought of not having all the functions of the 700p (I had decided to switch back to the 650 until the 700p issues were resolved), so while I was at verizon, I decided to try one more and if it had issues to just keep it until the SW update comes out. I have had it for 3 days now and not a single issue! SMS is not locking up, my BT is working great after setting it to visible - though this should have no affect on the BT, but it has worked for me. The only thing I did different was leave versamail off. It was working great so I did a full back up and then loaded versamail, right after loading versamail, I started having tons of issues. So I did a hard reset and started over and bam, everything was good again, no slow apps, no slow favorites shortcuts, no SMS lock ups - thow I did not test SMS lockups after versamail, but this thing is running fabulous!! I am loving it!! Let me add...maybe to early to make a judgement, but all the others had immediate issues so my fingers are crossed.

All the small issues that I had before are the same that alot of others are having - SMS lockup, slowness, white screens, lag etc, I had 2 before this that all had the same issues. So far so good with this one knock on wood. Below is my phone info, I am not sure if it has to do with any of the HS or SW versions, but I will post it and lets see if those that are working are same as mine or if someone has the same as mine that is giving them fits:

Software Treo700p-1.06-vzw
    Hardware: A
    PRL Rev: 50567
    Last edited by brvheart; 06/23/2006 at 07:50 AM.
    How do you leave Versamail off? Isn't it in ROM? It is with the Sprint version. Until we have a ROM tool, we are stuck with VersaMail.
    Please post your pbench, vfsmark and speedy benchmarks to verify.
  4.    #4  
    It maybe in the ROM, but I did not set it up, have not even clicked on it. When I was installing it before, I would click the install bonus SW on the CD, choose versamail and let er rip, I skipped that this time and it has been good ever since. Before was setting up VM to synce etc. So far so good.

2000 man, what SW do I need to do that? If you can help here I will do it ASAP and post it. Sorry, I have never done that

Edit: I think that multimail is built into the ROM, VersaMail is a add on.
    Last edited by brvheart; 06/23/2006 at 10:45 AM.
    pbench: http://ive-software.com/palm-benchmark.php3
    VFSMark: http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-332.html?VFSMark
    speedy: http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/speedy.shtml

My 650 scores are:

pbench data access = 1384% (only 844% on the 700p)
    VFSMark = 1411 (only 988 on the 700p)
    speedy = 2055 (only 1531)

Basically, my 650 is easily 50% faster than a fresh 700p with no software loaded and no hotsyncs. Palm has got a lot of work to do on the 700p.
    Brvheart may be on to something. I've read with (mostly) quiet amusement the rantings and ravings about SMS lockups, white screens of death, etc. While I've had a few minor problems, and some bigger issues (I don't like the lag time either...), I've not had the major problems that others have talked about.

I never thought about it before, but I don't use Versamail. Tried it for 2 weeks on my 600, and its incompatibility with GroupWise imap protocol drove me nuts (I'm a computer consultant, I use GroupWise, and many of my clients do). I long ago switched to SnapperMail, and didn't even try Versamail on my 700p.

Like I said, I think he may be on to something.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    pbench: http://ive-software.com/palm-benchmark.php3Basically, my 650 is easily 50% faster than a fresh 700p with no software loaded and no hotsyncs. Palm has got a lot of work to do on the 700p.

Good!! Go play with it. Please, leave those of us alone that want to disccus OUR machines.

Can one of the moderators put a stop to this sort of nonsense? Please?
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons
    Good!! Go play with it. Please, leave those of us alone that want to disccus OUR machines.

Can one of the moderators put a stop to this sort of nonsense? Please?
    Leave this thread before you get yourself banned. The OP asked for the software. If there really is a hardware difference, I think that people will want to know so they can get their defective 700p's replaced.
  9.    #9  
    as soon as I can check these and post them for you I will.

hparsons - I have no clue what you mean by your post or why you are upset....anyone care to tell me what I missed here?
    Please be civil in your discussions. We are all here to help. Thank you.
    Brvheart - definitely not "upset" with you. And in spite of his assurances to the contrary, I didn't see any helpful information on how much faster his 650 is than a 700P. I find his explaination of possible defective 700P's dubious, at best. It seems that MANY of the threads on the 700P forum have become "The 700P stinks" type threads (notice the "Palm has got a lot of work to do on the 700p"). That was what I was referring to, and why I quoted it. If it was seen as "un-civil", then please accept my apologies to all. Personally, I found the unsolicited "my 650 is 50% faster than your 700P" comment to be the un-civil one.

2000man - the complaint wasn't about the benchmarks, it was the comments about the 650 and 700P that I found objectionable - which is why that was the part that I quoted.

I REALLY don't think you have the power to effectively tell me to "leave the thread", I think I'll stay.

And, I still believe that Brvheart is on to something.

All I have to say on the topic.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Palm has got a lot of work to do on the 700p.
    For you......but not for me. Not for others, too. Sure, I'd like to see no skipping on PTunes when you are switching between apps and a working VeriChat, but none of these are for Palm to work on.

The OP mentioned that his SMS are not locking up and that his 700p is "running fabulous." You're response was to ask him to post his benchmarks "to verify." Why? He never talked about how FAST his 700p was. And even if he did, what difference does it make anyway? What would his benchmarks prove to anyone other than you? You need his benchmarks to verify that his 700p is not locking up and running fabulously?? No one here has anything to prove to YOU. We've all seen your endless complaints about the lack of speed on the 700p in your opinion.....we get it. You have definitive proof that your 650 is faster than any 700p.....we get it.

In my humble opinion, you ought to be REQUIRED to add the following to every post you make:

"IMHO"
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    anyways. congrats on finally getting a stable unit as it seems to be.
    What files should I delete from the Treo if I don't want VersaMail? When I try to delete the app on the Treo, it's only a 15k application which seems strange... what other files are associated with this thing, and are they invisible?
    We're waiting for the benchmarks to see if there are actually differences in hardware versions or differences between Verizon and Sprint 700p's. I didn't think that it was so complicated that it needed explaining. I guess that I was wrong.

Again, my tests were done on a Sprint 700p that I ordered directly from Palm. If there are 700p's out there with good benchmarks and without lags/white screens/etc, it would serve us all well to identify them.
    Wow!
    Talk about anger management.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonnyS
    What files should I delete from the Treo if I don't want VersaMail? When I try to delete the app on the Treo, it's only a 15k application which seems strange... what other files are associated with this thing, and are they invisible?
    You can't. The files are in ROM and there isn't a ROM tool for the 700p yet.
    IMO the only time I would consider my Treo 700p defective is if it turned out that the lag and white screen can't be fixed with a firmware update, the treo 650 had it's share of problems that were pretty much all addressed by firmware. If I had to buy another newer 700p to get rid of the white screen, then I would be miffed.
    garinballbarin
    pbench: http://ive-software.com/palm-benchmark.php3
    VFSMark: http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-332.html?VFSMark
    speedy: http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/speedy.shtml

My 650 scores are:

pbench data access = 1384% (only 844% on the 700p)
    VFSMark = 1411 (only 988 on the 700p)
    speedy = 2055 (only 1531)

Basically, my 650 is easily 50% faster than a fresh 700p with no software loaded and no hotsyncs. Palm has got a lot of work to do on the 700p.
    The link appears to be broken for speedy. Can you please post the prc?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast