1.    #1  
    Maybe it's me, but I can't seem to find a font that's better than the system font. I'm using FontSmoother (with YAHM) and have downloaded damn near every font I have on my desktop. My primary concern is Agendus and nothing I've tried seems to be clearer or easier to read than the system font. Anyone have a font they love? I've got 50+ year old eyes, so the 8's and 9's are pretty much out of the equation.
    Have you tried the Calibri 16pt font I referred to in another thread?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    I use Sans Serif 22 with Fonts4OS5 and really like it.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  4.    #4  
    I tried the Calibri and both the 15 and 16 work great. Thanks. I'm also going to try the Sans Serif 22.
    YAHM/Fontsmoother newbie here. I enjoy the basic font that I've installed (18 ultima I believe). However, one thing I notice is that highlighted text looks very fuzzy. Have others experienced this and are there any suggestions?

(Also, it's not clear to me what A/B/C/D stand for in YAHM).

Thanks.
    OK. Looks like my question on background colors is being worked out by developer right now over here....
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=117686

(Although it's still not clear to me waht ABCD stand for. I've looked through manual. Maybe I've just overlooked it.)
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aykim
    Those are different profiles that you can set up and select from in YAHM.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    I use Sans Serif 22 with Fonts4OS5 and really like it.
    Love sans also
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aykim
    YAHM/Fontsmoother newbie here. I enjoy the basic font that I've installed (18 ultima I believe). However, one thing I notice is that highlighted text looks very fuzzy.
    Yes, a lot of apps highlight in a way that is not compatible with smooth fonts. I try to work around this in some cases, but there is only so much that can be done.

Hack profiles. You can set different combinations of hacks and switch between them. If you only use FontSmoother, there is no need for this.

Alex
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Trebuchet, by the way, looks very much like the system font. Just run Quick Make Font (if you live in a country like the US where font bitmaps are (apparently) not copyrightable).
    FWIW, I have Googled for it, but I can find no reference online to MS patenting the Calibri font or any references to sites that had been hosting it being asked to take it down. If anyone knows different, please let me know.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    FWIW, I have Googled for it, but I can find no reference online to MS patenting the Calibri font or any references to sites that had been hosting it being asked to take it down. If anyone knows different, please let me know.
    Microsoft is rather nice insofar as they don't do much suing for patent infringement. Many of their patents are defensively held, I understand. So they might not have gotten around to suing or warning.

Anyway, the thing to do is to go to:
    http://patft.uspto.gov/netahtml/PTO/search-adv.htm
    Then put in the following query:
    an/microsoft and "type font" and apt/4

Since the font is recent, and the list is in reverse chronological order, it shouldn't be that hard to see. You need to click on each patent number, then look at the page image included (make sure you have a tiff viewer/plugin) and see if the font looks like Calibri. Unfortunately, font names aren't always included in the patent applications.
  13.    #13  
    Pruss -Can you answer this one for me? When my device resets (after a backup for example), the screen shows a message asking if I want to reactivate my hacks. If I don't get to that question within a few seconds, YAHM is not reactivated and FontSmoother is disabled. Since this often happens when I'm away from the 700, I end up having to manually reset in order to activate. Do you know of any way that the hack will automatically reactivate without me having to answer the message box?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffCarlin
    Pruss -Can you answer this one for me? When my device resets (after a backup for example), the screen shows a message asking if I want to reactivate my hacks. If I don't get to that question within a few seconds, YAHM is not reactivated and FontSmoother is disabled. Since this often happens when I'm away from the 700, I end up having to manually reset in order to activate. Do you know of any way that the hack will automatically reactivate without me having to answer the message box?
    That's weird. Are you using YAHM 2.3.6? On my TX and NX, after the reset, if you don't respond, it automatically enables. I assume you've tried all the options in the YAHM config?

If so, then the only thing left to do is to ask the YAHM author, Igor Nestorov. His email is
    n-e-s-t AT p_a_l_m_o_i_d DOT c_o_m. (Remove the - and _.)
  15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Have you tried the Calibri 16pt font I referred to in another thread?
    Where do you get this font from? Can you post it here?
    Quote Originally Posted by pruss
    Anyway, the thing to do is...
    I'm too lazy and carefree for that. I'll just wait for them to send me a threatening letter and I'll remove it then.

For those that want to try out the Calibri fonts, you can find them (and some other junk) here:
    http://hipnetic.com/geek/