Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know that the issue of the "best" BT headsets for the Treo 650 has been beaten to death. I read a lot of posts and they offer great insight. Thanks!

I have an H500 and it is terrible at answering calls. It never connects to my Treo 650 on time. Worse yet, it always seems to be in standby mode. Therefore it never picks up on time. When I am driving I figure that it is actually more dangerous having to fumble around with it to activate it, plus mess with my Treo to answer the phone. This is insane!

So, here is my question. I already know the story on the best BT headsets for call clarity, battery life, volume, etc. But which ones actually work fast enough with Treo 650's to actually answer the phone when it rings?

Can anybody help me?
    I have a Logitech Mobile Express headset, and I can't complain. I'm sure there are better headsets available, but why mess with something that works... Some Googling might turn up some results too..

Quote Originally Posted by fscool
    I know that the issue of the "best" BT headsets for the Treo 650 has been beaten to death. I read a lot of posts and they offer great insight. Thanks!

I have an H500 and it is terrible at answering calls. It never connects to my Treo 650 on time. Worse yet, it always seems to be in standby mode. Therefore it never picks up on time. When I am driving I figure that it is actually more dangerous having to fumble around with it to activate it, plus mess with my Treo to answer the phone. This is insane!

So, here is my question. I already know the story on the best BT headsets for call clarity, battery life, volume, etc. But which ones actually work fast enough with Treo 650's to actually answer the phone when it rings?

Can anybody help me?

I actually wanted to know which one is the best for clarity and etc.. since most of the posts i read on here recommend the scala 500 and i found it to have alot of static and didnt work good.

any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Can anybody help me?
    never had an issue answering the phone with my plantronics discovery 640
    Does anyone have this problem: I make a call, the Jabra JX10 connects to the phone and I may hear 1 ring and I definitely hear the volume hiss, then the audio cuts out immediately but the call is still going thru. I disconnect the BT connection and put the phone to my head and I complete the call. Upon disconnecting, the BT icon at the top of the screen still shows as if it's connected (the headset icon showing) but I am using the phone traditionally. If I stay on the call long enough, the headset will connect automatically. This is not happening every time I use the headset but often enough to make my crazy. I would be curious if anyone else has experienced this as well and hopefully my new headset coming tomorrow will solve this problem.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone

Can anybody help me?

The treo one answers nicely, the price is right, and the performance is fine (with the addition of a jabra ear jel)
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Using a Moto H850 and it works fine. I did have the delete the BT Device Cache on the 650 to get it to work reliably but it's been fine for well over a year. If the battery is low on the headset, it sometimes gets flaky but other than that it works as expected. It just takes a few seconds for the phone to register with the treo and pickup the incoming call.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee
    The treo one answers nicely, the price is right, and the performance is fine (with the addition of a jabra ear jel)
    +1
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jberger
    Using a Moto H850 and it works fine. I did have the delete the BT Device Cache on the 650 to get it to work reliably but it's been fine for well over a year. If the battery is low on the headset, it sometimes gets flaky but other than that it works as expected. It just takes a few seconds for the phone to register with the treo and pickup the incoming call.
    That few seconds though, is it enough time to register with the Treo and answer? That really is my problem. The time it takes to come out of Standby and then answer is far too long and I cannot answer the phone.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    It rarely takes more than one ring for the headset to connect and be ready to pick up.
    That's about 2 seconds, and I don't find it to be a problem. People understand it might take more than a few rings for someone to answer a phone.
    jberger

Do you leave the moto in the standby/off condition for any length of time? I purchased the HS850 thinking the boom ON/OFF function was great and hearing from some others that the audio quality was very good.
    I agree the quality is good but two issues about the headset don't work for me.

1) The battery in the headset drains even with the boom in the OFF position. So every time I got into my wife's vehicle and pulled out the moto it was dead. I've asked around (even stopping strangers in the street I see using one) and this seems to be a common feature.

2) The connection to the Treo when activating the moto from OFF to ON was very miss, miss, miss and hit. Open the boom and watch the blue LED. IF it blinks all is OK, if it glows there is no audio connection. The Treo 'connects' with the moto but you can't hear them and they can't hear you now! Usually (with the battery freshly charged) the LED glows. Often takes 4 - 5 boom opening/closings to get the blinking LED. It's easier to hold the TWH button for a 5 count and have it work EVERY time.

One man's experience. Good Luck to all!

p.s. The TWH stands for Treo Wireless Headset (by Palm).
    Last edited by dcs11; 06/23/2006 at 11:18 AM.
  12.    #12  
    If I could figure out how to disable this standby feature that would be great. That, in the end, seems to be my biggest problem on the H500. The time to come off standby, relink to the Treo 650 and then still have to press the button to connect is too long.
    I have aan HBH-662 now & it answers flawlessly. just ordered the HBH-IV835 - I'll post a short review once I get it.
    Don't want to hijack this thread, but how do you attach a Jabra rubber earpiece to a Treo headset? The only complaint I have with mine is that it doesn't have enough volume for a noisy environment.

To stay on thread: When a call comes in, after the first ring on the Treo, the remaining rings come through the headset. One touch on the button on the headset and you've answered the call.
    Quote Originally Posted by prairiefire
    Don't want to hijack this thread, but how do you attach a Jabra rubber earpiece to a Treo headset?
    The exact same question I have!
    crazy glue?

that's how I did it for my 662
    At the risk of sounding dumb as a stump -- my Treo BT headset has a "speaker" that is parallel to my ear. My Jabra 250, with the gel earbud, is perpendicular to the ear.

So, if I glue the ear bud to the Treo headset, it will not go in my ear but, rather, run along side of it.

Am I using the right ear bud?

Could someone post a picture.

Thanks.

sjh
    My Cardio Scala 500 answers calls fine.. I can't seem to make it redial sometimes, but sometimes it will work.

Oddly though, the thing won't turn off anymore.. It never beeps, goes right into discovery mode. One more press of the power turns it off.. oh well.
    I "can" answer a call via the Treo Wireless Headset but that's a 30" or so hand movement from steering wheel to ear. From steering wheel to the Treo cradle on a proclip mount is about 2" so, since adding the proclkip, I haven't taken advantage of the headset's ability to answer calls.
    I am using Plantronics Voyager 510. The best working bluetooth headset with treo 650. I can answer the incoming call after the phone ring for 3 4 seconds.
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast