Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52
  1. hrlaser's Avatar
    Posts
    440 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
       #1  
    Palm added the 700p to their Pays Back program today. So I dutifully logged into my account, where I have a few hundred points left over from a previous purchase where I cashed out some points and bought some stuff somewhere, to register my 700p and get a couple thousand more points so I could cash them out and buy some stuff somewhere.

    Well, I entered my info to log in, then entered the Promotional ID and the UPC code from the CD envelope and the box as required and submitted the form and was told "Product ID invalid. Go back and do it again."

    So I did it again. In fact I did it ten times and got the same results every time. Fired off a letter to the Pays Back Program people to find out what's going on.

    Have any of you been able to successfully register your new 700p with the Palm Pays Back program, and/or is anyone else having this problem with it rejecting the Promotional ID on the sticker on the back of the CD sleeve that comes in the yellow Sprint 700p box? Hmm.. maybe the Pays Back program needs a ROM upgrade too..

    Thanks,

    Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
  2. #2  
    Same problem here.
  3. #3  
    same.
  4. #4  
    It's on there, but they're still probably uploading all of the promotion IDs into their database.
  5. #5  
    I don't see the 700p as an option in the drop down menu on the enrollment screen. Probably a false alarm.
  6. #6  
    It's there, I just checked myself and tried putting my promotional ID in.
  7. hrlaser's Avatar
    Posts
    440 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
       #7  
    Thanks guys. Good. Well not good that it's not working, but good that it's not just me and you're getting the same results. I'll see how they respond to my email "in one business day" and what they do about it. Probably the codes aren't in the system yet, but if they're going to add a product to the pull-down list of models, then put the freakin' codes in there so it works. Sigh..

    Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by SonnyS
    I don't see the 700p as an option in the drop down menu on the enrollment screen. Probably a false alarm.
    It's not listed on the last Product Purchased Menu, but it is to redeem.
    When you enter all the information, it states Invadid Product ID
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  9. Bumble's Avatar
    Posts
    144 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser
    Thanks guys. Good. Well not good that it's not working, but good that it's not just me and you're getting the same results. I'll see how they respond to my email "in one business day" and what they do about it. Probably the codes aren't in the system yet, but if they're going to add a product to the pull-down list of models, then put the freakin' codes in there so it works. Sigh..

    Harv
    Good luck on the one business day reply. I finally got a reply today from my email i sent them saturday. Any time ive needed to contact the program, its been 4-5 business days before a reply
  10. hrlaser's Avatar
    Posts
    440 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble
    Good luck on the one business day reply. I finally got a reply today from my email i sent them saturday. Any time ive needed to contact the program, its been 4-5 business days before a reply
    Yeah, same here. Their promise of a one business day reply is ca-ca (technical term). And you can't contact the Pays Back program by phone. At all. I'm pretty good at tracking down numbers for companies who don't publish them, but with these guys, I gave up. Will just have to wait and see what they say. Don'tcha love when they do reply they address you as "Dear Palm Champion"?

    Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
  11. Bumble's Avatar
    Posts
    144 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser
    Yeah, same here. Their promise of a one business day reply is ca-ca (technical term). And you can't contact the Pays Back program by phone. At all. I'm pretty good at tracking down numbers for companies who don't publish them, but with these guys, I gave up. Will just have to wait and see what they say. Don'tcha love when they do reply they address you as "Dear Palm Champion"?

    Harv
    Oh yeah, almost makes you feel important. But i really can't complain too much, i do have a free discovery 645 on the way, as well as my vaja case. Once i can add my 700, it will be a start to the sena case i want to try-out.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser
    Thanks guys. Good. Well not good that it's not working, but good that it's not just me and you're getting the same results. I'll see how they respond to my email "in one business day" and what they do about it. Probably the codes aren't in the system yet, but if they're going to add a product to the pull-down list of models, then put the freakin' codes in there so it works. Sigh..

    Harv
    Here's what will happen - you'll need to ssend or email a copy of teh reciept and box SKU sticker. You can scan them in and email back teh results - they'll credit it in a few days. Thats what I did with 2 700w's and my 650.
  13. #13  
    Maybe their system just needed some time? I just registered and entered the codes for my Verizon 700P and it accepted it - it now says "Pending balance 2200".
  14. #14  
    I logged in and don't even see the 700p as a listed option.
  15. #15  
    Not yet for my Sprint 700P.
  16. pdadoc's Avatar
    Posts
    407 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    #16  
    Wow... this is pretty cool... Just found this thread, went to side, and it accepted by 700P info. Then, found my old disc cover/box and entered info for my 650... Now have 4400 "pending" points. Can't see anything specific about what "pending" means, but I assume it will be applied sometime soon....thanks!
  17. Bumble's Avatar
    Posts
    144 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    Wow... this is pretty cool... Just found this thread, went to side, and it accepted by 700P info. Then, found my old disc cover/box and entered info for my 650... Now have 4400 "pending" points. Can't see anything specific about what "pending" means, but I assume it will be applied sometime soon....thanks!
    7pm the following business day...you should have them available monday night
  18. #18  
    Hmm... I'm starting to suspect that phones purchased through some, if not all, of Sprint's fulfillment channels may not even *include* the "Palm I.D. Code" needed on the Palm Pays Back site. The site gives an example, and says the code should be located *in* (not on) the CD sleeve. All I have is a "Promotion ID" sticker on my CD sleeve, and the format looks completely unlike the example Palm I.D. Code.

    So far, it looks like the only confirmed successes listed here are from djfriedman (who explicitly mentions he has a Verizon 700p) and pdadoc (whom I believe is also on Verizon). Anyone else posting successful or failed attempts to credit their purchase on the website, please indicate which carrier you're on.

    Thanks!
  19. hrlaser's Avatar
    Posts
    440 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
       #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoffey
    Here's what will happen - you'll need to ssend or email a copy of teh reciept and box SKU sticker. You can scan them in and email back teh results - they'll credit it in a few days. Thats what I did with 2 700w's and my 650.
    Well, they actually DID respond to my letter to them of yesterday this morning and said the following:

    Dear Palm Champion,

    Thank you for your interest in the Palm Pays Back Program. For assistance validating your handheld, please reply to this email and include the following information:

    Your first and last name
    Your email address
    The first and last name of the Champion to credit
    The Champion's email address
    The handheld model name
    The UPC of your handheld
    The Palm ID Code/Promotion ID Code
    Date of purchase

    Also, fax a copy of your handheld’s Palm I.D. Code/Promotion ID Code, the handheld’s UPC and proof of purchase in the form of a receipt to: 248.479.0379. You can also scan these items and attach a .jpg to your reply email. If you fax your receipt to us, please be sure to include your first name, last name, and email address on the fax.

    We will assist you to validate your handheld. Please allow 5 business days for the validation.

    Thanks again for your participation!

    The Palm Pays Back Team


    So before I replied to it with all that stuff and photos, I tried my 700p's number on their site again, after logging into my account, (mine's on Sprint, for anyone who's keeping score..) .. and it STILL said it was "invalid" so I replied to their letter and filled in all the information and dotted all the "i"s and crossed all the "t"s and genuflected (and I'm not even Catholic), and shot photos of the codes and the receipt and gave them my shoe size, blood type, and a sample off.. uhh.. no..

    So we shall see what we shall see.

    Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
  20. #20  
    I bought from Verizon and the installation disc has a "Promotion ID" sticker on the back with a long number that doesn't match anything in the Pays Back FAQs, and when entered I get an invalid error.

    I sent them an email.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions