Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 52
  1. pdadoc's Avatar
    Posts
    407 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbennett
    Hmm... I'm starting to suspect that phones purchased through some, if not all, of Sprint's fulfillment channels may not even *include* the "Palm I.D. Code" needed on the Palm Pays Back site. The site gives an example, and says the code should be located *in* (not on) the CD sleeve. All I have is a "Promotion ID" sticker on my CD sleeve, and the format looks completely unlike the example Palm I.D. Code.

    So far, it looks like the only confirmed successes listed here are from djfriedman (who explicitly mentions he has a Verizon 700p) and pdadoc (whom I believe is also on Verizon). Anyone else posting successful or failed attempts to credit their purchase on the website, please indicate which carrier you're on.

    Thanks!
    Yes- I'm on Verizon. Code was on back of one of the CD envelopes (very long... about 15-20 numbers/letters)
  2. #22  
    Same problem, it says I have entered an invalid promotion ID code.
    d
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyDoc
    Same problem, it says I have entered an invalid promotion ID code.
    d
    same here
  4. #24  
    Welp, I just went back to try again to re-enter my code, and it looks like I got the last digit wrong the first time. This time I entered the "Promotion ID" sticker from the back of the install disc sleeve and it worked like a charm! 2200 points added.
  5. #25  
    Oh and BTW, I'm on Verizon.
  6. hrlaser's Avatar
    Posts
    440 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
       #26  
    So earlier in this thead I detailed how the Palm Pays Back site refused to accept my Sprint 700p's information, and I wrote to them and said what's up with that and they wrote back (see above) telling me I could email them the ID codes and a picture of my sales receipt and they'd credit the points to my account within five business days. I checked my account this morning and 2200 new points are now sitting in the "pending" area.. pending what, I don't know.. but when they un-pend, I'll have about 2670 points total, which will get me a $25.00 gift certificate to Amazon.com or some other places, so the email worked.

    If you log into the site to look at your account, take a look a the "leader board" over on the left at some of the people who have accumulated over 100,000 Palm Bucks. If they keep all those points in their "wallet", at $1.00 per 100 points, 100,000 Palm Bucks would be worth a $1000.00 in freebies. How they got such high bucks totals, I don't know. Must be a corporate thing where some company buys a boatload of Palms and has all the purchases credit to a single account. Since a single Treo gets you 2200 points, you'd have to buy fifty of them to go over 100,000 Palm bucks.

    Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser
    So earlier in this thead I detailed how the Palm Pays Back site refused to accept my Sprint 700p's information, and I wrote to them and said what's up with that and they wrote back (see above) telling me I could email them the ID codes and a picture of my sales receipt and they'd credit the points to my account within five business days. I checked my account this morning and 2200 new points are now sitting in the "pending" area.. pending what, I don't know.. but when they un-pend, I'll have about 2670 points total, which will get me a $25.00 gift certificate to Amazon.com or some other places, so the email worked.

    If you log into the site to look at your account, take a look a the "leader board" over on the left at some of the people who have accumulated over 100,000 Palm Bucks. If they keep all those points in their "wallet", at $1.00 per 100 points, 100,000 Palm Bucks would be worth a $1000.00 in freebies. How they got such high bucks totals, I don't know. Must be a corporate thing where some company buys a boatload of Palms and has all the purchases credit to a single account. Since a single Treo gets you 2200 points, you'd have to buy fifty of them to go over 100,000 Palm bucks.

    Harv

    Same thing here, I guess I'll be sending them an email with the picture of the sales receipt.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  8. #28  
    Anyone from Sprint able to add their 700p online yet?
  9. ERicJ's Avatar
    Posts
    758 Posts
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by crawform
    Anyone from Sprint able to add their 700p online yet?
    Still getting "The Palm I.D. Code you have entered is invalid." Slackers. I've got a bunch of people waiting to credit me and I'm not going to make them jump though the call/copy/fax hoops to do it.
  10. #30  
    I'm on Sprint and I finally had to break down and fax everything to them. 5 days later (Business Days), they have credited me 2200 points. Hopefully I can order the cradle kit today...
    bit_bucket
  11. #31  
    I've got the CD with my palm id code but I left the 700p box at home. Can someone take a look at their 700p box and let me know what the UPC code is?

    Thx a million!
  12. hrlaser's Avatar
    Posts
    440 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
       #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by bit_bucket
    I'm on Sprint and I finally had to break down and fax everything to them. 5 days later (Business Days), they have credited me 2200 points. Hopefully I can order the cradle kit today...
    I cashed out points for a $25.00 Amazon.com discount code and got a letter back from Palm Pays Back saying:

    Dear Palm Champion,

    Thank you for submitting your redemption with the Palm Pays Back Program. We are processing your request at this time. Once your authorization goes through, you will receive another email with instructions on how to receive your award.

    Thank you for your participation in the Palm Pays Back program.

    The Palm Pays Back Team


    Whoever set up this goofy system should be spanked in public. They couldn't make it a more cumbersome process if they tried.

    Harv
    Last edited by hrlaser; 07/07/2006 at 10:03 AM.
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
  13. Bumble's Avatar
    Posts
    144 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser
    then apply the Palm Bucks discount code, if it ever shows up.
    not that you will want to hear this, but on the 4 coupons ive redeemed so far, it took an average of 4 business days to recieve the coupon code for the palm store.
  14. ERicJ's Avatar
    Posts
    758 Posts
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetpro
    I've got the CD with my palm id code but I left the 700p box at home. Can someone take a look at their 700p box and let me know what the UPC code is?
    Sprint 700p is: 0593101646.
    Verizon is different, I don't know what it is.
  15. #35  
    Harv:

    How much you wanna bet that the people with those TONS of Palm bucks are Sprint/Verizon sales reps who just open up the boxes and copy down the code and redeem it themselves? I used to work commissioned sales at an electronics store and, though I didn't do it myself as it really is fraud, this kind of thing was unfortunately prevalent with manufacturer promotions like these.
  16. cepler's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #36  
    Sprint 700p, 2 of 'em here, both "Promotion ID" codes fail to work for me.
  17. #37  
    I just got mine redeemed for an Amazon gift card! (Sprint 700p)
    My Palm OS History: US Robotics Palm Pilot 1000 > Palm Vx > Handspring Visor Edge > Palm m505 > Handspring Treo 90 > Handspring Treo 300 > Handspring Treo 600 > PalmOne Treo 650 > Palm Treo 700p > Palm Treo 755p > Palm Centro 690

    Other Phones: Sony Z100 > Motorola StarTAC ST7867W > Motorola TimePort P8767 > Sanyo SP6000 > Motorola v50 > Motorola v600 > Nokia 6102i > Blackberry 7290 > Blackberry 8700c
  18. #38  
    Still no joy here for my 2 700ps on Sprint.
  19. hrlaser's Avatar
    Posts
    440 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
       #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by tacktrader
    Still no joy here for my 2 700ps on Sprint.
    If their site still won't accept your codes, then read back in this thread and send them all the **** by email including photographs of the number on the CD sleeve and the UPC code on the box, and they WILL credit you 2200 "bucks" for each 700p you register. It takes a few days for the points to show up and become redeemable, but it works. After going through the many-steps routine myself, my (mostly) free shipment from Amazon.com which the bucks paid for (two DVDs and a CD) was just handed to me by my mailman.

    So just go through the email route and you'll get your "bucks." The whole process from sending them the email to cashing out the bucks takes about a week.

    Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
  20. #40  
    ^^^ That's exactly what I did. It took about a week for the points to show up as pending, become usable, and finally used on Amazon.com. I used mine to buy some Nikon accessories for my camera! Thanks Palm!
    My Palm OS History: US Robotics Palm Pilot 1000 > Palm Vx > Handspring Visor Edge > Palm m505 > Handspring Treo 90 > Handspring Treo 300 > Handspring Treo 600 > PalmOne Treo 650 > Palm Treo 700p > Palm Treo 755p > Palm Centro 690

    Other Phones: Sony Z100 > Motorola StarTAC ST7867W > Motorola TimePort P8767 > Sanyo SP6000 > Motorola v50 > Motorola v600 > Nokia 6102i > Blackberry 7290 > Blackberry 8700c
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions