Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    has anyone used Seidio's 4850T with the 700p yet?
    Treo 600 --> Treo 700P --> Treo 800W and me and my Mini Coooper S!
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo2660
    has anyone used Seidio's 4850T with the 700p yet?
    Just got mine, and I love it. Note that I don't worry about stero output, so I can't comment on that feature.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhboyd
    Just got mine, and I love it. Note that I don't worry about stero output, so I can't comment on that feature.

John
    Hi John

Stereo out is a new feature we just developed. It will be quite helpful if you plan to use Treo as a MP3 player and use car speakers to listen to music in the Car. Treopod becomes a reality.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 06/23/2006 at 02:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Hi John

Stereo out is a new feature we just developed. It will be quite helpful if you plan to use Treo as a MP3 player and use car speakers to listen to music in the Car. Treopod becomes a reality.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    I listen to Audio Books via the cassette adapter. Since Stereo doesn't really matter for those, I record (re-record) my files in mono rather than Stero. I will say that the sound I get seems to be very good.
    I am really interested in the 4850T for my Treo700P.

I would like to know, from someone who is using this setup, if indeed, the TomTom software supports the 700P. Inquiries to Tom Tom result in "we are still working on it". Yet, it seems, from the postings I have seen, that people are using it. Successfully?

Also, I would be opting for the FM transmitter add-on. Anyone using this with the 700P and 4850T?

Finally, do calls come through OK? And when a call does interrupt, can you return easily to the navigator software, or is it a hassle?

Thanks
    If a computer crashes in the forest and no one is on-site to download the error log, is the event documentable?
    I am using the G4850T with my 700p. It works with TomTom just fine. I have had occasional problems with all of the electrical contacts making a good connection, and had to remove the 700p from the cradle and re-seat it. Spraying a little of the electrical contact cleaner from Radio Shack seems to have fixed that.

I use the cassett adapter.

Calls come through my bluetooth headset just fine. I have reprogrammed one of the buttons to go to Navigator so I can re-start it while driving.
    The only negative thing I can say about mine is it is difficult to adjust the volume to where the person on the other end doesn't hear their own voice (echo). I have to turn the balance of the car stereo all the way to the right and try to aim the mic somewhat to the left (difficult to keep the mic aimed). Then I have to be careful to not turn the volume up too much. If I use the built in speaker of the cradle, I cannot keep the other person from hearing their own voice. I actually prefer to just use the bluetooth headset, but since they aren't working right on the 700P's yet, I'm waiting on buying another, so I'm using the speakerphone feature of the 4850T and just living with the inconvenience of adjusting the stereo on each call. I wish there was a way to use the speakerphone without having to make all of those adjustments.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I've used an FM Transmitter with the 4850 -- It works very good!
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes
    The only negative thing I can say about mine is it is difficult to adjust the volume to where the person on the other end doesn't hear their own voice (echo). I have to turn the balance of the car stereo all the way to the right and try to aim the mic somewhat to the left (difficult to keep the mic aimed). Then I have to be careful to not turn the volume up too much. If I use the built in speaker of the cradle, I cannot keep the other person from hearing their own voice. I actually prefer to just use the bluetooth headset, but since they aren't working right on the 700P's yet, I'm waiting on buying another, so I'm using the speakerphone feature of the 4850T and just living with the inconvenience of adjusting the stereo on each call. I wish there was a way to use the speakerphone without having to make all of those adjustments.
    I have been using the Palm Treo Headset for about a month now, with no problems.
    I am using a Seidio 4100M connected to the aux audio jack of my car. This setup worked fine with my Treo 650 and an older Sedio cradle but with this new 4100M and my Treo 700P, the person I am talking to complains about echo even if I turn my speakers way down. Very frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttoppins
    I am using a Seidio 4100M connected to the aux audio jack of my car. This setup worked fine with my Treo 650 and an older Sedio cradle but with this new 4100M and my Treo 700P, the person I am talking to complains about echo even if I turn my speakers way down. Very frustrating.
    It seems that there is some difference between the contacts for a 650 and a 700. You may have to get a new cradle for the 700 (that is what I had to do)

John
    I recently purchased the Seidio 4850T for use with my Treo 680 (Cingular - GSM). I purchased the one from Seidio that was advertised as working on the Treo 700P/680 - - Part # CK48TTR700AC08
    Having a couple of problems, though:
    1) A great deal of "interference" seems to make using the microphone and built-in speaker on the 4850 non-functional: can not communicate to person at other end. Same problem if I use the provided headset that came with the 4850 instead.
    2) The stereo audio connection on the 4850 sometimes does not make a good connection, and needs to be "jiggled" to get true stereo output. Am concerned that the "jiggling" will break the Treo's already tender audio connector!

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated
    Last edited by mdfrench1; 01/03/2007 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Inaccurate trouble-list...