1.    #1  
    There was a recent posting on the PDA 24/7 forums and the author of the posting mentioned an app called BluetoothOnOff. I have searched for this app, cant find it. I have searched here, can find no mention of it. I have PM'd the author in that other forum, and he has not responded.

Any one here heard of this app?
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    bluefang is what i use to manually turn it on and off easily from the "swipe menu" which I activate wtih butler and long press of the menu key
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, I'll look into it.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    do these work with 700w?
    It says:
    "Blue Fang is compatible with handhelds that run Palm OS 5 and use Palm's Bluetooth stack with the exception of the Sony TH55 and the Treo 650"
    works on my 700p
    Actually there are issues with BlueFang running on Treo 650s and I would imagine 700p. The author even released version 1.7 to include a diagnostic telling of the problem:

Version 1.7: 19th August 2005

* Blue Fang now reports itself as incompatible with the Treo 650. It seems that the way Blue Fang turns Bluetooth on and off confuses the phone application, resulting in incoming phone calls displaying a Bluetooth dialog and not ringing.
    There is also BtToggle, which is incompatible with the Treo as well.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence.c.lee
    do these work with 700w?
    You're kidding, right? Not unless you've written a seamless Palm emulator for WM5 and are keeping it a secret from everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by conrad
    There is also BtToggle, which is incompatible with the Treo as well.
    I saw threads over a year ago saying that there were some problems, such as annoying dialog boxes when turning off BT. Have you used it recently? If so, any improvements in the past year? I keep meaning to try it out, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. TIA.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Why not just use a favorite for the bluetooth application. I have a favorite with the letter "B" assigned as the quick key. Once I hold the letter B down, the blue highlight of the 5-way is automatically focused on whichever state isn't true (i.e. Off is highlighted when bluetooth is on and On is highlighted when bluetooth is off). That way you can turn it on and off without having to touch the screen.
    My 2¢, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 » Treo 600 » Treo 700P » *** Unmentionable *** » Pre {rooted}
    2Day also has a macro-like shortcut for turning bt on/off. From within 2Day, press menu key, then b, and it toggles it on/off and then returns to the 2day screen. Slick.
    http://www.metaviewsoft.de/en/Softwa...her/index.html

there is also btan on and off, which works on the 650 and my treo 700p, doesnt seem to work on my treo 755 though

i like that macro within 2day, didnt know about that.....

is there a standalone application like the one i posted that works on the treo 755?
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Launch Anywhere by zzTech http://www.zztechs.com/en/ has a BT toggle that works. It does not have to open the BT screen to work either plus it's a pretty descent launcher.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    I use this application and it works well on my Treo 700p. PM me with an email address and I will send it to you. Ben

Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn View Post
    There was a recent posting on the PDA 24/7 forums and the author of the posting mentioned an app called BluetoothOnOff. I have searched for this app, cant find it. I have searched here, can find no mention of it. I have PM'd the author in that other forum, and he has not responded.

Any one here heard of this app?
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    This guys over at Hobbyist software have a new app in beta that is working really well for this. It's called power hero. You can set it to turn off the bluetooth connection after a specified amount of time. It will also automatically turn it on when making and receiving calls if you need.

Like I said, still in beta but working well on my 700p.
    I use it on my 700p and it works real well with my Bluetooth headset. Turns it on and off reliably. I no longer have to worry about remembering to mess with it.

Ben