Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I have converted a simpsons episode and I have Kimona Player EX. However, I seem to get really choppy video. Anybody else have any success?
    After reading this, I ended up buying the Plus version of Tivo Desktop and Kinoma Player 3 EX for my 650. It is working just slick as can be. I have set up several series to auto transfer and convert for my 650.

I hate it that I had to spend more money on a player. I have really enjoyed SmartMovie. Oh well, I guess now I will use both until I find an easy way to convert .avi's to .mp4's.

You might look in the Kinoma forum. I think I read somewhere there about some problems with Kinoma and the 700p.
    first and foremost - i LOVE tivo.

--but really, tivotogo and ORB is the BEST combo you can get
    btw, UnclePunk, thanks for posting this. I just upgraded my TivoToGo
    Works great with my 700p and the Kinoma player that came with it. Auto transfer Entourage and convert... sweet!!
    Works great for me too... Actually, given my problems with the 700p, I'm actually impressed it works so well. So does anyone use anything else to covert AVIs to MP4s?
    So I have a Tivo, and a 700p. So how do I get this to work?

Didnt pay for Tivo Plus yet, and did my 700p come with Kinoma? Where?
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Why pay for Kimona?? The aac codec for TCPMP is out on the net. I can't remember where I got it but it works like a champ.
    Last edited by mtndew; 06/24/2006 at 05:36 PM.
    Sorry for the newbie questions but...

What is Kimona or The aac codec for TCPMP?

And what do they have to do with TIVO?

Thanks
    Playing Tivo transferred shows on a 700p:

1. Get the Tivo Desktop "Plus" 2.3 Application upgrade (www.tivo.com/desktop) - $24.95. Install it. noobs: Have your Tivo connected to your PC via a network

2. In Tivo Desktop app, set file>preferences>portable devices>Libraries and formats to: Convert to portable media device format: "Palm Treo 650"

3. Transfer any show from your Tivo to Tivo Desktop. Tivo Desktop will copy the show to your PC, and when it's done, will then create a copy converted for the Treo 650.

4. It puts this converted file in the My Documents/My Tivo Recordings for Portables folder

5. Using an SD card reader in your PC, or Palm File Transfer (in the Palmone or Palm directory for most of us (search if you don't find it)), copy the converted show file (should have .mp4 extension) to the (this is important) DCIM directory on your SD card.

6. Once it's there, Pics and Videos will find it and show it in the list like any photo.

Plays really nice on my 700p

Enjoy
    Last edited by jmcnaught; 06/25/2006 at 04:33 PM.
    Jeff

Motorola StarTac => Cingular Treo 270 => Sprint Treo 600 => Sprint Treo 650 => Sprint Treo 700p
    Can the TIVO file be converted using some other software, rather than using Tivo plus? Thanks
    Not that I'm aware of.
    Jeff

Motorola StarTac => Cingular Treo 270 => Sprint Treo 600 => Sprint Treo 650 => Sprint Treo 700p
    sure it can

kinoma producer...

However the plus is the easiest and best way I am finding
    How can i covert videos w/o having Tivo? just mpgs mp4s etc that i have on my pc? Whats the file format settings?
    Quote Originally Posted by mason08
    Can the TIVO file be converted using some other software, rather than using Tivo plus? Thanks
    http://www.tvharmony.com/main/products.php

I've been using it for months, works great
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Jeff..
    Is there anyway to stream my converted shows to the 700p - without having to download them to my SD card? How do I access kimona on my 700p?
    Treo 600 --> Treo 700P --> Treo 800W and me and my Mini Coooper S!
    ^

orb with tivotogo will do this perfectly (stream)
    Quote Originally Posted by audiofx81
    How can i covert videos w/o having Tivo? just mpgs mp4s etc that i have on my pc? Whats the file format settings?
    Did you ever get a response on this one.

So, just to make sure its all clear... The Pics & Video player on the Treo 700p is the Kinoma Basic Media Player, as long as you transfer MPEG4 videos to your SD card via a hotsync, then you can watch any video you create?

Is there other video formats that the player supports?
    Former Sprint Treo 700p Owner, now Sprint Palm Pre- and HP Touchpad Owner.
    Why not just Stream with Orb. Hell, you can reach clear out to your Tivo and stream shows you haven't even transferred to your home computer with tivo to go. I can't stress enough how freaking cool Orb is.

Dustin

Forgot the Link: http://orb.com/
    Last edited by dmets; 07/26/2006 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Add WWW link