1.    #1  
    So here's the deal. I have all my music ripped as AAC file with Itunes on my PC. I want to be able to listen to them on my 700. I know that Kinoma and aeroplayer can play AAC, but they can't play in the baclground like pTunes. Do I have any options for a background music player, or do I need to convert everything to mp3 or ogg files. it will be such a pain to re-rip everyrhing....

is pTunes planning on adding AAC support? any advice from those out there.

thanks
    You pose a good question. Have you contacted NormSoft about pTunes?
  3.    #3  
    Not yet, i figured somebody had by now.

I'll shoot them a note and see what happens.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    AeroPlayer supports AAC.

Joe
    TCPMP will do aac, but i cant remember if it allows playing in the BG.
    Quote Originally Posted by SailRace
    So here's the deal. I have all my music ripped as AAC file with Itunes on my PC. I want to be able to listen to them on my 700. I know that Kinoma and aeroplayer can play AAC, but they can't play in the baclground like pTunes. Do I have any options for a background music player, or do I need to convert everything to mp3 or ogg files. it will be such a pain to re-rip everyrhing....

is pTunes planning on adding AAC support? any advice from those out there.

thanks
    I know that you can convert all or part of your library on your computer through itunes to mp3 if you want. Go to Edit > Prefernces > Advanced Importing. There will be a pull down menu (Import Using), click that pull down and change it to mp3 or what ever format you want to convert into. Next save by clicking ok or apply (I can't remember what the page says). Next highlight what you would like to convert in your library (Click the first song, hold down shift and click on the last song to highlight the whole library. Or click individual songs by holding Ctrl and clicking). Then right click with your mouse and there should "convert to mp3" or whatever you choose from the record option pull down. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Davgt500; 07/06/2006 at 12:57 AM.
    Palm 500 > Palm 505 > Palm 550 > Tungsten C > Sony Clie UX50 + several Qwest phones Sprint Sero 700p> Treo 800w
    TCPMP supports it, but does not support background play.
    What davgt500 said. iTunes will convert any or all of your library to mp3's. When you go to your library folder, you will have two versions of your songs. Copy the mp3's to you card.
    I am actually looking to do the opposite. I want smaller files... AAC+ is the best quality compression available today. At this time I am willing to give up background play, to get higher quality audio in the same amount of space.
    Aeroplayer can play music in backround mode.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doitright
    What davgt500 said. iTunes will convert any or all of your library to mp3's. When you go to your library folder, you will have two versions of your songs. Copy the mp3's to you card.
    Converting one compressed format to another results in a loss of sound quality.