Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    When I went to run On Demand a few minutes ago, I was prompted to update the software. Most of the OD apps seem to have been modified. Perhaps now the small bugs which we have been seeing will clear up. I don't really use TV Guide but it was broken before, now it is fixed. I don't recall exactly what they were, but there were others waiting for more important bug fixes which had been promised only a couple of days ago.
    Last edited by copernicus; 06/22/2006 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Additonal Info
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Does this apply to the verizon version of express (version 2.5)? Which is unable to auto update when set, and does so whenever it wants, regardless of whether auto-update is on?
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquire1996
    Does this apply to the verizon version of express (version 2.5)? Which is unable to auto update when set, and does so whenever it wants, regardless of whether auto-update is on?
    I'm was referring to the Sprint version above, not sure about Verizon.
    Mine doesn't appear to be updating.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    I was prompted for an update when I tried to exit the application. Update is in progress.....success!
    Thanks for the heads up -- I will look for this to happen on my daughter's 700p.
    There it is.
    Dont know if it changed anything - after.
    Mine works! It did the update and I see it went from version 1.1.1501 to 1.1.1521.

The sports module never worked on mine and weather stopped a few days ago and the maps stopped working today when I tried. When I say "not working" I mean it reset my machine!

There is some background on why it probably wasn't working here - http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=118120

Gary
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus
    When I went to run On Demand a few minutes ago, I was prompted to update the software. Most of the OD apps seem to have been modified. Perhaps now the small bugs which we have been seeing will clear up. I don't really use TV Guide but it was broken before, now it is fixed. I don't recall exactly what they were, but there were others waiting for more important bug fixes which had been promised only a couple of days ago.
    Thanks for the info
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    My phone now keeps crashing when I run on demand and update the info
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by evilhomer
    My phone now keeps crashing when I run on demand and update the info
    I had the same problem before the update and discovered that updating as soon as I opened On Demand (on Page One), prevented crashes later when updating from within the individual apps. Hope it helps.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Update worked for me, i can now use maps and directions
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Mine worked before the update and seems to work now too.
    Is anybody else's not doing the upgrade. I have gone in and out of the program several times but it does not do it, still v1.1.1501. Any way to force one?
    Quote Originally Posted by mervynle
    Is anybody else's not doing the upgrade. I have gone in and out of the program several times but it does not do it, still v1.1.1501. Any way to force one?
    I went in, did an update (accidentally clicked on a module and it rebooted my treo), next launch it said it wanted to update, is that okay? I said yes.

Gary
    Mine won't either. I can't find a way to update. Anyone?
    Confirmed OnDemand upgrade here (v1.1.1521). I haven't really used it much until I saw this upgrade thread, so I don't really notice a difference.

Mervynle: just do the 'update' on page one. When that's done, start using some of the modules. After some use, you should see a notice that an 'upgrade' is available. Answer 'yes.'
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I just read a few stories on On Demand at 4 pm...Came home and read this thread and said...There couldn't possibly be an update. I just checked...Picked up the Treo and as soon as I went to On Demand, it said there was an update.

Don't ever doubt this forum.

Don't see any differences. It worked before and it works now.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Same here, went in and it did not prompt to update. Upon exit, Treo rebooted, went back in and it asked if I wanted update. Update running now.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast