Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So I accidentally deleted On Deman from Treo. How do I get it back?
    A hard reset will be your easiest route. Backup data, hard reset, restore data. Good luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    brand new user here - on Sprint, with basic Power Vision ($15 package). Is it true that if I don't click on anything that says "BUY" it's free to use the On Demand services?
    I too have not been able to get the update and I need something because 411 crashes my handheld everytime. I have tried updating from the main page and then going into the individual applications without any luck. I get the donloading data and the inof is upgraded for the channels. Still no program update. I am wondering if they have targeted updates by territory or some other formula. I am in South Florida.

UPDATE: I did a hard reset on my phone and On Demand reloaded (I was patient to let everything load this time) and I have the update and no more issues with On Demand at this time...
    Last edited by gkouri; 06/22/2006 at 10:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    So I accidentally deleted On Deman from Treo.
    No big loss.

I know, that didn't help you any. Sorry.

Love the avatar, though!
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
    Quote Originally Posted by nycfonephreak
    brand new user here - on Sprint, with basic Power Vision ($15 package). Is it true that if I don't click on anything that says "BUY" it's free to use the On Demand services?
    Feel free to click away on anything. You have a 30 day trial on the purchase channels and everything else is free. You will start getting prompts to "purchase" the pay channels as your trial period ends. But basically On Demand WILL NOT allow you to access a channel that you don't have a subscription to, so don't worry about hidden charges.

Enjoy the Treo!

K
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tip. I started OnDemand, did a PageOne update, went to Launcher home, restarted OnDemand and was prompted for the update.

ERic
    Quote Originally Posted by nycfonephreak
    The cost is 5+ megabytes of memory for weather, news, and sports.
    Motorola Startac → Samsung SCH-8500 → SonyEricsson T608 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p
    I get "Sorry, there was a problem performing the update (0x1214) Please try again later."

Anyone have any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    I get "Sorry, there was a problem performing the update (0x1214) Please try again later."

Anyone have any thoughts?
    Editing out my earlier posting. The forced update to On Demand didn't work for me at all last night. Tried it again this morning and it finally worked, saving me another tedious phone call to Sprint. It'd be nice to get some kind of history / revision text as to what they changed - what the upgrade was for, but everything looks the same and my internal memory didn't go down at all after the Nutshell installer downloaded the upgrade, unpacked itself, installed all the new bits, and then deleted itself. (Nutshell is very cool - not just a developers' tool - regular folks can get it and use it to make self-deleting installers for .pdb and .prc files for easy distribution or to beam from one Palm device to another..) ..

Anyway, even after this upgrade to On Demand, I still notice the same little buglet that was there before. Pick something like Weather. Look at the date and time (of your last update) at the top of the screen. Now mash the update button to get the latest weather info. The date and time at the top of the screen doesn't change until you go back out of Weather and back into it again. Same for News and the other modules. This makes the app a little confusing to use since it's hard to tell if you're looking at the latest stuff or not, especially if you let it do auto-updates (which I never let it do anyway since EVDO is so fast, it only takes a few seconds to do it "on demand" {{coff}} anyway..

I kind of sort of like this app, although you can get basically all the same information (minus the images).. with a lot less overhead through http://wap.oa.yahoo.com via Blazer anyway, and On Demand eats up five meg of internal memory when you first unpack a new 700p and let it install and configure itself.

Anyway, the upgrade worked, but it'd be nice to know WHAT they upgraded because it looks and behaves exactly the same, as far as I can tell.

Harv
    Last edited by hrlaser; 06/23/2006 at 08:18 AM.
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    upgrade works now! try it
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12