1.    #1  
    I've had problems with the built in Kinoma Player 1.0 sometimes locking up my phone when I try to watch live TV using Orb.

Looking at Kinoma's website, it looks like Kinoma Player 2.0 for Palm is a free download. Has anyone tried this player on the 700p? The 700's aren't listed as supported devices, but their list also looks to be old an not updated, so maybe it works fine on the 700p. Anyone tried it?

Also, if I install this player, how do I get the phone to use the 2.0 player for streaming video instead of defaulting to the built in 1.0 player?
    Actually, it looks like there's a Kinoma Player 3.0 free upgrade too. I would like to know how to make it the default player for Sprint TV. It appears as though it may do it automatically.

-Vincent
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    Where do you see a free upgrade. I looked all over the site
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    My guess is that it won't work. The Kinoma play we're using is part of Blazer. Those are for the standalone Kinoma player. But, let us all know if it does work because I am having exactly the same problem with Orb.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes
    My guess is that it won't work. The Kinoma play we're using is part of Blazer. Those are for the standalone Kinoma player. But, let us all know if it does work because I am having exactly the same problem with Orb.
    This is correct. I've confirmed with Kinoma that none of the players on their website can handle streaming video on a Treo. But they are working on something for that. No ETA.
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I put my purchased Kinoma 3.0.1 from my Treo 650 on to the 700P and although prior to every video it says this format is not supported, it proceeds to play the video just fine. Also on my 700P it wouldn't play video I recorded on my Treo and now with the 700P Kinoma will play it.