1.    #1  
    on my 700p my off button,home button and mail button squeak when i press them. it seems they are pushing against the shell of the treo, its not a big issue just a minor annoyance. im wondering if anyone else is having this problem or if anyone knows what might fix it??
    For my 700p, it's the opposite side. My green button/talk/datebook buttons squeak when pressed. I doubt there's a fix for it other than pulling the phone apart and realigning everything that's causing the squeak.
    On my first 700p, the whole left side had a squeak... the silver buttons AND the keyboard... keyboard also felt a tad flimsy. I took it back to Verizon and the guy looked at me like I was crazy, but went "backstage" for what felt like an eternity and then came out with a new box that worked perfectly. The keyboard backlight was more even and pure in color as well. Happy camper here
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I am having the same issue on 3 week old 700p but then again I have dropped it getting it in and out of the case
    (i typed this resonse on it)
    A.S.d.l.C
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    I had the same problem on my power button. Received a replacement and it had the same issue. I have grown use to it now.
    It's a bit annoying because it throws off the tactile feeling of the button. However, I definitely would be more upset if I had the problem SonnyS had with the entire left side the keypad squeaking.

The buttons work and they don't stick or hiccup, so I'm fine with it. Maybe it'll loosen up in time. Plus that, everything else is seemingly working fine -- sending the unit back, I have a bigger chance of finding something else that might not work.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by SonnyS
    On my first 700p, the whole left side had a squeak... the silver buttons AND the keyboard... keyboard also felt a tad flimsy. I took it back to Verizon and the guy looked at me like I was crazy, but went "backstage" for what felt like an eternity and then came out with a new box that worked perfectly. The keyboard backlight was more even and pure in color as well. Happy camper here
    what number can i call to recieve a new one if im still within my 15 day period? the verizon store near me is always insane and i dont feel like waiting hours on line so i'd rather call and recieve a new one in the mail but i dont know the number...if anyone has done this or knows the number please tell me.
    I would suggest going to the Verizon store. Even if it's busy, once you get a rep they are pretty good and help you out. Explain the situation to them and when they bring out a new one, inspect it very thoroughly -- if that one has issues, ask for yet another. This is something you can't do when you get it by mail, which takes too much time, so I suggest visiting the store and going through as many boxes as you need to until you find the one you like. That's what I did.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by SonnyS
    I would suggest going to the Verizon store. Even if it's busy, once you get a rep they are pretty good and help you out. Explain the situation to them and when they bring out a new one, inspect it very thoroughly -- if that one has issues, ask for yet another. This is something you can't do when you get it by mail, which takes too much time, so I suggest visiting the store and going through as many boxes as you need to until you find the one you like. That's what I did.
    what did you tell them was the problem with yours?? i feel like if i say it has a sqeaky button they'll be like well thats not a good enough reason for a new one or something like that.
  10.    #10  
    ok so i went to the store and unfortunately got a jerk to help me...he claims they don't replace phones for squeaky keys and i said that people online have had the same problem as me and have gotten a new phone and mine was purchased within 15 days so i dont know what the problem was. but eventually after constantly annoying him saying how other people have gotten new phones for the same problem he finally decided to give me a new one. BUT he said that it was a "one time courtesy replacement" and i would have to wait up to and hour and a half for them to process something and i asked why i couldnt just get a new phone there and leave and he said they have to process all the requests or something like that. i leave and 20 minutes later get a call saying its ready, i have a feeling he was just annoyed with me and made me want to forget the whole thing. but i got a new phone and im happy, no squeaky keys.
    me too! Squeaks in the Power, Mail, and Home keys but I don't want to install all my apps over again with the new phone. Can I bring it back after the 15 day trial period? I think I'm on #10 now...
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Congee
    me too! Squeaks in the Power, Mail, and Home keys but I don't want to install all my apps over again with the new phone. Can I bring it back after the 15 day trial period? I think I'm on #10 now...
    you should be able to get a new one within the 15 days, you might want to say that something else is wrong like the earpiece isnt as loud as someone elses 700p youve tried or something...if you sync the new treo with the username that you had for the old treo on palm desktop i think it restores everything including programs...if not you can download them again or install them if you still have them saved on your computer.
    I'm on my 3rd 700p (long story). The first one speaked like mad, the second speaked a little on the right apps buttons and more on the red button. I was expecting this one to be the same (didn't return it because of the buttons) but to my surprise this one is really solid. Only got it this morning but so far no squeaking!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    It will be interesting to see if the non-squeakers stay solid. Mine started solid but now several keys squeak.
    Psion 3a > Palm Vx w/ Omnisky > Blackberry 850 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Apple iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by EricDMiller
    ok so i went to the store and unfortunately got a jerk to help me...he claims they don't replace phones for squeaky keys and i said that people online have had the same problem as me and have gotten a new phone and mine was purchased within 15 days so i dont know what the problem was. but eventually after constantly annoying him saying how other people have gotten new phones for the same problem he finally decided to give me a new one. BUT he said that it was a "one time courtesy replacement" and i would have to wait up to and hour and a half for them to process something and i asked why i couldnt just get a new phone there and leave and he said they have to process all the requests or something like that. i leave and 20 minutes later get a call saying its ready, i have a feeling he was just annoyed with me and made me want to forget the whole thing. but i got a new phone and im happy, no squeaky keys.
    I'm sorry you had this experience, my local Verizon folk are very helpful and even shared hints and tips with me about the 700p -- they were obviously very excited by it. I would have asked for the manager if I got the treatment you received, but you got a new one that you like, so that's what's important!

Just FYI, when I returned mine for the squeaky keys, I dealt directly with the manager and he did say that it's not considered a "defect" but a courtesy replacement can be made during the 15 day period. And besides, if you're within the 15 day window, you can just return the thing if they won't replace it. Then go to another store and buy it again.