1.    #1  
    Why is there not ONE devoloper who has come up with a composite screen like the Today screen on a 700w for the 700p? With a google search box and other doohickies on the front page. Zlauncher comes a little close with plugins. But not the same.
    Is there a market for this? would you buy it?
    I would jump at it.
    try facer from pocketcraft...that is exactly what you are looking for
    ...Or Today from the same developer. I've used this for years...
    Key Suite from Chapura also has one.
    2Day from www.shsh.com is the most feature rich and works with almost any app you use with it- Chatter, SNapper, Voicememo, Notepad, Versamail, etc etc etc.

You cant go wrong. PLUS- it was designed for one handed Treo operation that leverages your device to the max, The others arent so friendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator
    Why is there not ONE devoloper who has come up with a composite screen like the Today screen on a 700w for the 700p? With a google search box and other doohickies on the front page. Zlauncher comes a little close with plugins. But not the same.
    Is there a market for this? would you buy it?
    I would jump at it.
    There is a market for it as I wanted something like that too and so far this is bout the closest I could find. Are you talking something like this...
    http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...z/21June06.jpg

Program is called TodayPLUS and like name suggest, its mostly a Today screen with lil bit of launcher capabilities .
    That's the most terrible looking screen I've ever seen.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks guys, Facer looks interesting. Still needs work. Meanwhile will keep lookng/playing with ZL to make it there.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonnyS
    That's the most terrible looking screen I've ever seen.
    LOL,

To the point, but one to his own.

Why cant the 650 today apps work on the 700p then? Apps like 2day and that.

Is there something that different in the "p", or is it like any device and just software compatability?
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by experiment626
    2Day from www.shsh.com is the most feature rich and works with almost any app you use with it- Chatter, SNapper, Voicememo, Notepad, Versamail, etc etc etc.

You cant go wrong. PLUS- it was designed for one handed Treo operation that leverages your device to the max, The others arent so friendly.
    ditto on 2day, it is the best out there!
    - Jeeman
    Quote Originally Posted by experiment626

Ok just read the whole thread theres no issue with the software i used on my 650.

My bad!
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    no doubt 2day is one of the best apps out there for the treo. Used with Initiate it is even better. You can start typing in 2day it will cycle through initiate and then launch whatever was typed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator
    Why is there not ONE devoloper who has come up with a composite screen like the Today screen on a 700w for the 700p? With a google search box and other doohickies on the front page.
    I'd say that the 700w's screen was a pretty good copy of 2Day from ShSh Software

http://www.shsh.com/
    I have used the app "today", and it is freeware. Works great on the 700p, and has plenty of funtionallity. I have attached the file. Hope it helps
    Attached Files Attached Files
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    As others have noted, there are several similar apps available. I have some basic ideas of my own for such an app and hope to be able to find the time to start developing it soon.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.