Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    I have a friend that is looking for an instant messaging solution. He needs Yahoo IM. Is this supported somehow on the 700p or any other platform?
  2. #2  
    Yes. Verichat (and probably other Palm clients) supports Yahoo.
  3. Fofer's Avatar
    Posts
    576 Posts
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    #3  
    Does Verichat support the 700p fully yet though? I heard it was crashy.
  4. BigE-700p's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #4  
    If he has Sprint, I think he could use it free from their bookmark via Blazer. Goto bookmarks then PCS Vision (Sprint Website)>messaging>Yahoo IM.
  5. #5  
    I just posted why to stay away from Verichat, within the Verichat is broken on 700p thread -- take a read, and buyer beware.
  6. #6  
    There is a hacked version that works with sprint... check the thread.
    .
    .
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    There is a hacked version that works with sprint... check the thread.
    I've searched and can't find a pointer to the hacked version. Can you help me?

    wil
  8. #8  
    Chatopus is a good option if you're technical enough to work with Jabber. I have ICQ, Yahoo, and AIM all working within the same program.

    http://www.chatopus.com
  9. #9  
    Verichat has been working well on my 700p, knock on wood..
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  10.    #10  
    Thanks to all for your responses. I am going to try BigE's suggestion first since it is free.
  11. Noahas's Avatar
    Posts
    286 Posts
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    #11  
    There is also a beta program called "Messenger" that you can search for. It hasn't been updated in a LONG time, but seems to work ok for me on the 700 the couple of times I used it.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by noahas
    There is also a beta program called "Messenger" that you can search for. It hasn't been updated in a LONG time, but seems to work ok for me on the 700 the couple of times I used it.
    Are you talking about Agile Messenger? Could you please provide a link?
  13. Noahas's Avatar
    Posts
    286 Posts
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    #13  
    Here is a link, the feedback there has not been good, but it has always worked for me the few times I need it so ....

    http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-619.html?Treo_Messenger_for_Yahoo!
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by noahas
    Here is a link, the feedback there has not been good, but it has always worked for me the few times I need it so ....

    http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-619.html?Treo_Messenger_for_Yahoo!
    Thanks noahas. I installed, no problems. Now I need to get my friends ID to check it out.
  15. #15  
    You should also check out Causerie. It is another full featured integrated messenger.
  16.    #16  
    I installed Messenger. Seems to work. IMed with friend. No problems so far other than learning new app.
  17. #17  
    do these IM programs subtract from your text messages? or count as data usage?
  18. asiayeah's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by sunspot_mike
    Chatopus is a good option if you're technical enough to work with Jabber. I have ICQ, Yahoo, and AIM all working within the same program.

    http://www.chatopus.com
    Check out the newest Chatopus 2.1. It fully supports Treo 700p, plus it now has text-to-speech and able to see a user's photo or avatars.
  19. asiayeah's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by xjumper84
    do these IM programs subtract from your text messages? or count as data usage?
    Use of Chatopus is counted as data usage only.

Posting Permissions