1.    #1  
    I have a friend that is looking for an instant messaging solution. He needs Yahoo IM. Is this supported somehow on the 700p or any other platform?
    Yes. Verichat (and probably other Palm clients) supports Yahoo.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Does Verichat support the 700p fully yet though? I heard it was crashy.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    If he has Sprint, I think he could use it free from their bookmark via Blazer. Goto bookmarks then PCS Vision (Sprint Website)>messaging>Yahoo IM.
    I just posted why to stay away from Verichat, within the Verichat is broken on 700p thread -- take a read, and buyer beware.
    There is a hacked version that works with sprint... check the thread.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    There is a hacked version that works with sprint... check the thread.
    I've searched and can't find a pointer to the hacked version. Can you help me?

wil
    Chatopus is a good option if you're technical enough to work with Jabber. I have ICQ, Yahoo, and AIM all working within the same program.

http://www.chatopus.com
    Verichat has been working well on my 700p, knock on wood..
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  10.    #10  
    Thanks to all for your responses. I am going to try BigE's suggestion first since it is free.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    There is also a beta program called "Messenger" that you can search for. It hasn't been updated in a LONG time, but seems to work ok for me on the 700 the couple of times I used it.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by noahas
    There is also a beta program called "Messenger" that you can search for. It hasn't been updated in a LONG time, but seems to work ok for me on the 700 the couple of times I used it.
    Are you talking about Agile Messenger? Could you please provide a link?
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Here is a link, the feedback there has not been good, but it has always worked for me the few times I need it so ....

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-619.html?Treo_Messenger_for_Yahoo!
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by noahas
    Here is a link, the feedback there has not been good, but it has always worked for me the few times I need it so ....

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-619.html?Treo_Messenger_for_Yahoo!
    Thanks noahas. I installed, no problems. Now I need to get my friends ID to check it out.
    You should also check out Causerie. It is another full featured integrated messenger.
  16.    #16  
    I installed Messenger. Seems to work. IMed with friend. No problems so far other than learning new app.
    do these IM programs subtract from your text messages? or count as data usage?
    Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunspot_mike
    Chatopus is a good option if you're technical enough to work with Jabber. I have ICQ, Yahoo, and AIM all working within the same program.

http://www.chatopus.com
    Check out the newest Chatopus 2.1. It fully supports Treo 700p, plus it now has text-to-speech and able to see a user's photo or avatars.
    Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xjumper84
    do these IM programs subtract from your text messages? or count as data usage?
    Use of Chatopus is counted as data usage only.