Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    every time i goto the pics / video by way of clicking on the icon on the main menu my phone does a soft reset. if i get to it by the short cuts screen it works fine but even from the shorvuts, if i try to look at a saved pic the phone resets.

any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    anyone?
    may be a corrupt file/pic in there, you can try a hard reset and start over to see if it helps. After that, if it still does it, take it back and exchange it.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    yeah your right, it was trying to avoid that it sounds like my only option.

thnaks.
    -e

Quote Originally Posted by sputnic
    may be a corrupt file/pic in there, you can try a hard reset and start over to see if it helps. After that, if it still does it, take it back and exchange it.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    same issue here! I really don't want to hard reset but I don't think I can handle not having access to my pics. If I go into Camera and then try to "sneak" over to the images it also resets. But I can take a pic or a video just fine...
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    here the deal, it appears to be my mem card that causing the problems. try and open it without your mem card and see if the program starts. then put your mem card in. i have been trying to trick it. what type of mem card do you have?
    I have the same problem with mine. I take a picture and it freezes up with the white screen. I took the memory card out (Ritek 1 GB), took a picture just fine. Now I can't figure out why the memory card is making the phone freeze up when taking a picture with the card in!!
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    i have a 1 1Gig sandisk. what type do you guys have?

maybe its the type of memcards that we have on the amount of mem on each card?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Memory card is the issue for me too! If I take the card out - no more resets! Also, why do I now have a third folder on my card called Internals? I found a really big image file in there that won't delete... I gotta figure out what's the haps with the card. I'm using a Sandisk 512MB.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I think I fixed the problem. I used my card reader, went into my DCIM folder on the card and cleaned it up. Deleted some files that didn't appear to belong (not the database - .db files). I guess I must have moved some files into the DCIM folders without going through Pics & Videos. Perhaps this created a conflict with the Pics & Videos database - the two not matching causing resets? Whatever it was, its working now.