1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of a route planner in which you can input an address & it will tell you the nearest Subway locations in NY?

thx
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    The closest thing I've found to this is Metro. It's more of a destination to destination program; e.g. Metropolitan Museum of Art to Broadway/Lafayette station. However, when I tap the "i" information icon next the station it gives me cross street info for the particular station.

When I go to New York I use Metro, X-man, AND a .prc with the image of entire NYC transit system including Brooklyn, Queens, etc. combined.

If you're interested in these write me at puyi8sf at gmail dot com
    I use the program Tube 2 for most of my subway travel.

Though this website works pretty well too:

http://www.hopstop.com/?action=dir_home
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
  4.    #4  
    Thx a lot guys - I just found hopstop & it works pretty well - appreciate it
    There's another work-around I use. I wouldn't get Vindigo just for this, but if you use it already, it tells you the subway stops closest to a given restaurant. I put in the intersection I want, look at the nearest restaurant and it's there.
    I have used HopStop in the past and it still works on my PC. But on the Treo is does not work anymore -- it freezes, requires constant log in and does not give directions anymore. Any suggestions?
    Laissez Faire
    Google Maps displays nearby subway stops now.
    There is also a Google Maps Subway hack so you can see the actual lines.
    I find this very helpful. Not sure if it will run on the treo.
    http://www.onnyturf.com/subway/
    You might also want to try the MTA's new trip planner specially made for PDA's & smartphones - tripplanner.mta.info/mobile.