Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    After a lot of research I bought the Shure Quietspot headset. All of the reviews praised its quality.

However, upon first use with my Treo 650 I found some problems. First, there is a low level hum noticable to me and to the person I am calling. Second, I get intereference with the internal electronics in the headset from the 650's internet signal. Anyone who has used a Treo 650 has experiened the significant interference it gives when connecting to the internet (must be a pretty powerful signal). It gives fits to my desk phone and computers at work.

My question is: Is the intereference typical with all higher-tech, noise-cancelling wired headsets or did I get a bad unit?

My second choice was the Etycom. Third would be the boom (except I am loathe to shell out $150 for a headset).

I checked other postings on these headsets and did not see any mention of intereference issues with the Treo 650.
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    I have been using a Shure Quietspot for over a year without any hum or interference problems. I also have never experienced the interference you mentioned when connecting to the internet. Maybe your Treo is at fault here...the headphone jack certainly is a known weakness with the Treo but I am at a loss regarding the other interference you mentioned. Is your Treo CDMA or GSM?
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    My Treo 650 is with Cingular (GSM). The intereference is noticeable on most electronic equipment, especially phones, radios and computer speakers.
    I don't connect to the internet with my Treo. I do however here some sort of interference occasionally when my phone is near my computer monitor.