1.    #1  
    Am considering using one of these programs, but not sure which to try. I've gotten to be pretty good at Graffiti, but 50 wpm w/ Fitaly is a tantilizing thought. Any opinions out there? I realize these apps do slightly different things, but I'm still curious to know which people think is best. Are any of these necessary for someone who doesn't do heavy-duty word-processing? Do they add significantly to the life of your screen? Thanks.
    If u've got pretty good at graffti, there is no point getting those for additional cost. Try them by all means, if u like it, keep it. =) If u want to do heavy-duty word-processing, better get a storeaway keyboard. As for the screen, i think writewright should be sufficient. =)

jus my $.02
    julize,

Why don't you check out this recent review and the responses...

http://www.visorcentral.com/page/0-6-82-1-6.htm
    I can write with Grafitti OK, but who can remember the strokes for all the punctuation? I use FitalyStamp!
    "Life is what you experience between racing games"
    Galley
    Downloaded the Fitalty stamp trial. Used it for a week and really liked the system. Takes time to get used to, but is a lot faster for me than Graffiti.
    Excellent feature is you can use a "sliding" technique to capitilze letters without the extra tap on shift.
    Also, with one tap, you can use the Graffiti area.
    Easy to "accent" characters.
    I favor TapPad myself. There is a spot to tap that will pop up a keyboard with just the wierd punctuation marks. The numeric keypad is a joy to use, and I love the cursor control keys.
    I think silkyboard is a great help - but make sure to download the upgraded version (v2.2) from their website as well, as this made a big difference for me.