1.    #1  
    Hello all! I'm new to this forum, so please bear with me. I'm a long-time Blackberry user who has no knowledge of the Palm OS and I'm having some troubles getting underway. Being a longtime Blackberry user and having been very active on what I would consider the biggest Blackberry forum on the net (no names mentioned), I totally understand the importance of searching before asking, so please believe that I've made a valliant effort to get these answers without bothering all of you, but now I need the experts!

By the way, I am using a 700p from Verizon.

First, I am having trouble synching with my Outlook. Everytime I run HotSync, I get the following Log message(s):

Outlook Calendar
    The attempt to open the database failed.
    Date Book application database is not found. Please invoke the Date Book application on the handheld once and re-synchronize
    OLERR:05-0001
    OLERR:0D-0004
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

OLERR:15-0002
    OLERR:06-0001
    Outlook Contacts
    OLERR:02-0001
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Contacts synchronization failed

OLERR:15-0002
    OLERR:01-0001
    Outlook Tasks
    OLERR:10-0001
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Tasks synchronization failed

I had a successful synchronization of all these PIM functions last night, but now I can't get it to work!

Second, it looks to me like my GMail is successfully synched as a POP3 account, but I can't get a darn email to show up on my Treo. Any basic help here would be appreciated. I know I should be including some more details but I don't know what those should be, I'm sorry.

And finally, I would love to be able to synch my treo with my Microsoft OWA email account, which happens to be my work email, but I don't know how. Using the option of having a computer that is always on will not work for me. Any ideas?

Again, I apologize if this basic stuff has been covered repeatedly, I did try searching before posting. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Believe me, once I become somewhat of an expert like all of you I have no problems spreading the knowledge.

Thanks!
    Last edited by DMad; 06/21/2006 at 06:56 PM.
  2.    #2  
    So it was recommended that I try changing the properties in the Palm desktop to desktop overrides the handheld in the hopes that it would help me with my Outlook synching issue, but no luck.

Any suggestions? I'm not sure what a Date Book application is, really...