Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    OK, the results are inconclusive at best, but I removed the SD card (SanDisk 1GB Ultra II plus) from my 700p and I seem to be no longer experienced any lag in the phone app! Can anyone confirm this? I'm going on about 24 hours and maybe 8 calls.

My original phone app lag thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=117497
    Last edited by danspalmone; 06/21/2006 at 07:18 AM.
    im using a 256 card is there any thing i can do to test this?
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
  3.    #3  
    Well, are you experiencing the phone app lag (PAL)? PAL is a very frustrating thing where you are using the Treo as a phone and it becomes unresponsive although the phone call remains connected. This means you are unable to, for example, hang up, switch from or to speakerphone or answer call waiting. Making matters worse, the Treo then, at some point (5 to 20 seconds later or se) responds to all the button presses all at once. For me this sometimes means an inadvertant call to the first contact in my address book. See my original thread for more info.

If you are experiencing PAL, try removing your SD card to test! Despite the name, PAL is not your friend!
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    How often are folks experiencing this problem? I get this annoying problem, but it is very infrequent- perhaps 1 in 10-15 calls. Unfortunately, this makes it difficult to test (I'd have to keep the card out for a couple days, and I can't do that).
  5.    #5  
    I agree with the frequency (1 in 15 or so), but that is just unacceptable. Imagine if the salespeople told customers that about one in ten or 15 times you're phone will be unusable. To me nothing is more important than the phone working reliably. So my SD card is on my desk for the time being. Can anyone else remove their SD card for a few days?
    Taking out the SD card for me seems to have no effect. I still get about the same amount of delay within the phone app. The delay is much worse on my Sprint 700p when switching from Web to Phone, which takes a good several seconds or longer to switch. I consistently get several seconds of delay when switching from Web to Phone, regardless whether the SD card is inserted or not. I get the same long delay when switching from Web to Home too! Frustrating.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    removing sd card has no effect here as well
  8.    #8  
    OK, but let's be clear of one thing. PAL is not *necessarily* the same thing as the application switching lag. PAL is simply the lockup of the phone app *after* it has been successfully launched. Are you guys confusing this with the other main complaint about the 700p--that the applications switch slow? That is not a problem I have found to be a big deal as it happens very infrequently to me. But the PAL problem is a major bummer.
    removing the sd card does nothing for me
    1 | 2
    I only experience PAL when I call *2....then it takes almost a minute to reacquire the Network. I just use the direct Sprint CS numbers instead and avoid the problem altogether.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooose
    I only experience PAL when I call *2....then it takes almost a minute to reacquire the Network. I just use the direct Sprint CS numbers instead and avoid the problem altogether.
    So do you have an SD card installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by danspalmone
    So do you have an SD card installed?
    Yes.....2 GB Sandisk
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    No change here with or without the SD card - still a slight lag.
    Apple iPhone, Apple Bluetooth
    is this maybe a cache issue. Do you guys have the problem even right after a soft reset?
    The SD card has no effect. Just benchmark with an SD card and without. The results are the same. The 700p is just plain slow.
    With or without the SD Card insert (San Disk 2GB) there is a general sluggishness with the 700p (sprint). I'm reminded of the same kind of sluggishness in the first edition of the 650.
    To me it's really foolishness that they released it with this huge step backward, but hopefully they will ROM UPDATE and fix it and other little issues.
    Ed
    I HATE the lag from Blazer to any other app button! Drive's me nuts.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by ed4thelord
    With or without the SD Card insert (San Disk 2GB) there is a general sluggishness with the 700p (sprint). I'm reminded of the same kind of sluggishness in the first edition of the 650.
    To me it's really foolishness that they released it with this huge step backward, but hopefully they will ROM UPDATE and fix it and other little issues.
    Ed
    I'm sure that they will. Just give them 4-5 months to release it.
  19.    #19  
    Yeah, confirmed here too. The PAL is happening just as much with or without SD card. PAL sucks!!! I'm hard resetting tonight. Is any NOT suffering from lags in the phone app? I don't think the 700 is all that slow when it isn't frozen. I'm not sure if the slowness you guys are talking about is PAL. Hmph.
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    I HATE the lag from Blazer to any other app button! Drive's me nuts.
    Do you have the 'Clear cache on exit' box checked in preferences on the advanced tab? I am using a 700P on Verizon and get no lag when switching to another app from blazer - unless I check that option.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast