Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    what are your top 5 apps that you can't live with out. I am so new to this treo thing. I can't belive all the apps that are out there. I don't want to bog my unit down with junk so I'm asking the forum. what 5 apps are the " must have " apps?

thanks, cody
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Been asked many times but...........
    1. TakePhone
    2. 2Day
    3. Directory Assistant
    4. File Z
    5. Documents to Go

Jimbo
    chatter, ludusp, filez, directory assistant, resco backup
    Jimmie Geddes
    Launcher X, Chatter, Directory Assistant, KeyCaps, Resco Backup

By the way, there is a huge thread on this at http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=apps
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Sure, it's been discussed... but I always find these threads fun to read. Been using PalmOS software since the Pilot, and I usually find something new in a thread like this. So here are mine:

Datebk6, Profiles, SnapperMail, SplashID, BackupMan
    theres already a list...

anyway, I never found the need for takephone. Can someone tell me why its so valuable?
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    LauncherX, BackupBuddy, LED Off (I hate little lights!), TCPMP, VolumeCare. Add Docs to Go and my Treo does everything I need quickly and easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    theres already a list...

anyway, I never found the need for takephone. Can someone tell me why its so valuable?
    I don't use it myself, but I just got done installing it for a co-worker. Searching by company name (rather than first/last) is something he needed, that the built-in dialer can't do. At a cursory glance, there looked to be a lot of neat options in there. Might download a trial myself...
    Takephone has many advantages which I will not mentione. In addition to the simple lookup and flexibility to search within words etc., for me the most important one is possibly the least used by many others - the ability to automatically dial a a calling card sequence (done within the application) whenever I call a number beginning with a certain area code. This saves me a fortune. With the Treo, you must manually set up each phone number and use one of the one button favorites - very limiting and tremendously time consuming.
    Agendus Pro, Launcher X, Butler, ReDo, SharkMsg
    Thanks,

Mark

Palm III > Palm Vx > Sony Clie PEG760N > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Filez, Dir Asistance, eReader,BackupMan(1.55),Leonard Maltin Movie Guide(though I wish there were more updates to the database)
    BackupBuddyVFS (had to use it for a restore not more than 5 minutes ago!!!!), Dir Assist, 4cast, datebk6, avantgo
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    DA, mobileTS, KMaps, BackupMan, Ptunes Deluxe
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    (PIM apps), Docs To Go, Versa Mail, Web, Handmark Express, Backup Buddy, Real Player

Ya, I know, more than 5.

Cheers, Perry.
    snappermail, rescobackup/explorer,quicknews,DTG and hi-launcher.......i have many more but tried to stay in the boundaries of this particular forum
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Yes, this same topic has been written about many previous times before. For me, it would be pretty much impossible to only have 5 must-have apps. It would be more like top 25 out of 100!!

In any case, here's my 5:

Chatter: Must have instant emails...can't live without it nowadays

VolumeCare: Must be able to hear the caller at a noisy bar while sipping a brewsky

Instant Messaging: Must be able to notify the wife asap to get dinner tonight! :-))

Phone: Must be able to call the wife asap to get dinner if she doesn't respond to my IM !

Web: Must be able to post my worthless .02 cents of replies to TreoCentral's forum! Hyuck, hyuck!

By the way, do the built-in apps of Phone and Web count, or can I list 2 more?
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    chatter-splash money-2day-zlauncher-tomtom those are my favorites that i use day to day

Fred
    OK so I us a 650 but what the hey:
    1. Launcher X
    2. DA
    3. Snapper Mail
    4. 2 Day
    5. Resco Backup (God send)
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
    chatter, verichat, web, phone, cardbackup by jkware
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I like these threads because invariably I find a key app that I just never knew anything about previously.

Directory Assistance is an example of this. Does someone have a link where I can get this?

Thanks in advance!

--------------------------------------------------

OK, never mind I found it already.

What a great little app!

Oh, and my five:

Docs To Go, Chess Tiger, Card Reader, ZLauncher, Resco Backup

If the hacks/mods count I would likely have listed or strongly considered PalmRevolt and Fontsmoother.
    Last edited by Rob_T; 06/21/2006 at 09:34 AM.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast