Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    mine are at the bottom
    volume care; backupman; Pdanet; Filez; OperaMini; voice dial; IBMJava; AlwaysOn; Universal Keyboard; Font Smoother; YAHM; KMaps; Avvenu; DA Sprint 700P
    These are must haves as I use them almost everytime I use my Treo.

Initiate
    Snappermail
    TomTom Navigator
    KeyguardTime+
    pTunes
    for me these are my must have

Chatter
    splashmoney
    tomtom
    zlauncher
    2day

Fred
    If I was not reading this in bed I would bow for:
    Chatter *****
    DA *****
    Butler
    Backupman
    Did I say Chatter *****?
    -g-

Treo 300-650-755P, Contract ends 11/30/07. SERO F&F 1250, The following are unlimited: N&W (7PM), Mobile to Home (M2H), Free Incoming, Vision Data, Text Messages for $49.99 - Plus Sprint AIRAVE @ N/C.
    Good
    USB Modem
    Card Reader
    Directory Assistance
    TCPMP

Been playing alot with EzRemote lately though.
    2day w/4cast (Shows me everything I need for the day )
    MobileClock (Wake it up!!)
    Ptunes Deluxe (Plays all my music files)
    VolumeCare (Really really really useful in loud places)
    LudusP (My buttons!)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE
    Honorable Mentions:

Banner
    Cool, another Banner user. One of the ways I use it is to hold it up to my boss's office window when he's on a call to see if he wants anything when I make a coffee run. Also good for telling off obnoxious drivers at night (though I don't recommend it with all the nutjobs on the freeways).
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    cardbackup by jkware
    (For some reason I'm having deja vu that I already asked this question. Apologies if so.)

Does CardBackup actually work - backup and restore - on the 700p? That was - and is - my preferred backup, but it hasn't worked on either my 650 or 700p. The developer sent me a beta for NVFS devices not long after the 650 came out, but even that didn't work. A follow-up email went unanswered and there have been no updates for years.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    1. Resco Backup
    2. FileZ
    3. USBModem
    4. Sprint Biz Connection
    5. TreoAlarm
    6. Takephone

Sorry, I need all 6...
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewn
    I cannot believe no one has mentioned KsDatebook yet! This totally free drop-in replacement for the standard Calendar app runs perfectly on my 700p. Its monthly view should come standard on hi-res Palm devices...
    I use this now . . . free and works great. Thanks for the tip! Only one .prc file to install and no bloating. Syncs fine through outlook conduits. Seeing text on the month view is great.
    i think monthplanner is better than KsDatebook for a calendar app that shows text on the month view, is also free, and also supports hi rez icons. KsDatebook always caused 3-5 second lags every time i opened it and went to enter data the first time, and again a lag on exiting. Monthplanner doesnt do that, and is much more customizable than KsDatebook.
    Must-have Utils:

*Uninstall Manager
    *Resco Backup (killer ut--when I upgraded from the 650 to the 700p, I simply compared my backup to what was in the 700 RAM to see which files had changed, updated files that looked unique to the 700 into the backup archive, then restored the backup archive to RAM, with the exception of my saved preferences. I had to retype all my serials back in, but other than that, couldn't have been an easier process.).
    *Resco Locker (still need her with the 700p)
    *FileZ
    *Card Export

Can't live without:

*Agendus Pro
    *pTunes
    *QuickNews (it boggles my mind more people don't use this program; it is incredible at $15--I'd pay 3x that, really)
    *SplashID (too many accounts. too many PWs)
    *TextPlus (makes swift work of thumbing in anything)
    *ZLauncher
    *Butler (keylauncher, attn grabber, & alarm has never failed me)
    *MSDict (various Oxford Dictionaries--I do a lot of writing)
    *Snapper (could be better, though, but best I've come across)
    *FontSmoother (Just started using this a couple of months ago. Completely changed my Treo-experience. For me, serif fonts (I have Bookman Antiqua 13pt installed on my 700p, are far easier to read)).
    *AllTime4 (great billable program that could use an update, though, to, for example synch w/ desktop apps. That said, gets the job done).
    *Audacity (when I need it to tape a conference call or another matter, nothing's better)
    *Bonsai (use it to organize my thoughts--an outliner of sorts that allows you to link back and forth to Agendus as to deadlines and such)

Killer Games
    Bubble Shooter 2 (careful, crazy addictive)
    WordPop
    (also, Bejeweled, Chuzzle, Zuma, & LJP (for reliving Nintendo memories w/ my kid brother), SuperSlyder
    It's also written by a 16 or 17 year old High School student. I believe it is just an overlay for an underlying site (much the way 4Cast uses Yahoo), but still. Toss him a couple of bucks if you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by surge919
    I just tried this and it's awesome!!

I have bookmarks to a few airline sites, but this takes care of that and has a link to the flight path tracker.
    I just loaded OD up for the first time. Figured it was another commercial cluttering up my display (though was pleasantly surprised). Really irks me they plant these things in ROM. Anyway, apparently News, Sports, Weather, Money & Movies is cost free. The premium services are Maps, Directories, Dictionary, and TV Guide.

Quote Originally Posted by garylapointe
    I believe 411 is one of the features that stops working 2 weeks after you start using it unless you pay for it. (I think the dictionary might still keep working).

Gary
    Verichat (w/ 700p hack)
    Palm Media Studio (Dvd ripper)
    Fontsmoother (Handera 22 Bold for all apps)
    Versamail (w Exchange Activesync)
    LauncherX
    FileZ
    TCPMP
    VolumeCare
    Ptunes
    WorkingTime
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by BS Mann
    i think monthplanner is better than KsDatebook for a calendar app that shows text on the month view, is also free, and also supports hi rez icons. KsDatebook always caused 3-5 second lags every time i opened it and went to enter data the first time, and again a lag on exiting. Monthplanner doesnt do that, and is much more customizable than KsDatebook.
    I downloaded Monthplanner and agree that it is even better than KSDatebook! You get your Outlook colors/bars as well . . . dude this is going to work wonders for me. The only thing is that the software says to go to palmgear to register it (the version I have is 3.1.2, which is shareware 30 days). Palmgear says it no longer exists. What version do you have? Thanks!
    I have nearly 100 applications on my device, but if I had to choose:

Splash ID
    Splash Money
    Audible
    Bonsai
    Smartlist to Go

Maybe we should do another list for utilities.
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
    what is launcher x?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345