Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The file manager does not always delete. The filter functionality within FileZ is superior to that within ZLauncher. It is too easy with ZLauncher to delete something when in a hurry. Those are the big reasons I still have both. Ben

Quote Originally Posted by SailRace
    I'm curious about something....for those that have zlauncher and filez, what are the advantages to filez? I seem to be able to do everything i need with the file manager in zlauncher, and i've alwasy wondered why people need both.

Please educate me.

As for programs:

Chatter
    Zlauncher
    4Cast
    Uninstall Manager
    Tie between Kmpas and Ptunes.
    Not being a 700p user yet, I am not going to add to the list. I will though say that DA is the most used "convenience" application I have. Ben

Quote Originally Posted by noahas
    realizing everyone has different taste and uses, but how is DA - Directory Assistant not in the top 5, if not #1 on everybodys list? It is THE killer app for a phone/pda combination.
    Mapopolis
    DA
    KeyCaps
    KeyguardTime+
    Diddlebug
    Rally 1000
    Profiles
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    I gotta say, I use SplashShopper a lot, but not just for shopping lists. I've found that it is the best list for just about anything but a to-do list, because you can make it recurring. I have my kayaking checklist on there, my travel checklist, my workout list, just about every list of anything that comes up again and again that I need to make sure gets done. It's a great program.
    I cannot believe no one has mentioned KsDatebook yet! This totally free drop-in replacement for the standard Calendar app runs perfectly on my 700p. Its monthly view should come standard on hi-res Palm devices...
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewn
    I cannot believe no one has mentioned KsDatebook yet! This totally free drop-in replacement for the standard Calendar app runs perfectly on my 700p. Its monthly view should come standard on hi-res Palm devices...
    That's because Agendus is a bit better.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewn
    I cannot believe no one has mentioned KsDatebook yet! This totally free drop-in replacement for the standard Calendar app runs perfectly on my 700p. Its monthly view should come standard on hi-res Palm devices.
    I hadda go with PDA24/7's "Best Palm OS App of 2005" Winner TMP by Little Red Spider. There are programs that do more but, like Windows these days, I don't need / want all that stuff and I definitely don't want the bloat.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    Another beautiful day in PARADISE
    Well put! Wherever one is...
    Last edited by copernicus; 06/23/2006 at 04:03 PM.
    Planetarium has not been mentioned. It used to be that some astronomers would buy a Palm Pilot just to be able to use this one program. If you want to be able to identify the stars or put the moon on your mate's shoulder this is a really beautiful piece. Takes a little learning and is not a utility though.
    I would have to say that outside the software included with the 700p, my list would include:

epocrates - a pharmacy program
    bubblet (http://www.oopdreams.com/bubblet/) greatest puzzle game ever.
    Euchre from seahorse software
    Butler
    Roboform for palm. Though mostly because its interface with the browswer version. It gives me a way to seemlessly encrypt passwords from desktop to palm. The strenght really lies on the desktop version which makes browsing the internet amazing. For folks without roboform for windows explorer or firefox, I would recomend ewallet.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Chatter - Best email app and can't live without instant email now

Splash ID - so many passwords, account #s, membership #s.

Ultrasoft Money - Been using Microsoft Money for 10 years, ultrasoft money for 5. this is the first app I install on any device. Gotta keep you finances in check.

Hi-Launcher - Great launcher, I assign shortcut characters.. any app one, two keys away

Butler - perfect MP3 alarm, only weekdays, internal MP3 player doesnt lose my place in what ever podcast i am listing to in Pockettunes, which would be no. 6.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I don't understand why you guys have DA listed... Unless you have the 650, the 700p comes with Maps under On Demand which is basically a clone of DA. I like the interface much better on the On Demand also.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I prefer OnDemand as well, BUT it is a pay service. As where DA isn't. So that is why they have it listed. I do really like OD's interface though.
    Latest Version of DA works well on 700P -get it here Version 3.24
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-76.html
    volume care; backupman; Pdanet; Filez; OperaMini; voice dial; IBMJava; AlwaysOn; Universal Keyboard; Font Smoother; YAHM; KMaps; Avvenu; DA Sprint 700P
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cflynt
    I prefer OnDemand as well, BUT it is a pay service. As where DA isn't. So that is why they have it listed. I do really like OD's interface though.
    I'm kind of confused because OnDemand came preinstalled with my phone and didn't pay for it. It seems like I can access all the features but there is a "purchase" button at the bottom and takes you to a page that says "Add More on Demand Services: 411 Directory Search: Maps & Directions; TV Guide: new Oxford American Dictionary & Thesaurus. Find any listed US phone, etc..."

Besides Dictionary & Thesaurus it seems like I can access all the features.
    I believe those On Demand Features are free for the first 30 days only.
    volume care; backupman; Pdanet; Filez; OperaMini; voice dial; IBMJava; AlwaysOn; Universal Keyboard; Font Smoother; YAHM; KMaps; Avvenu; DA Sprint 700P
    DA
    Agendus Pro
    BackupMan
    Splash ID
    LightWav (would have gone with FlightStatus but don't travel enough)

No problems with latest versions on my 700p.
    Last edited by kdallen; 07/18/2006 at 07:04 PM.
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    2Day, Initiate, Agendus, PDANet, Vindigo (I would say Chatter, but I find that I can use the HTML version of GMail more easily.)

Utilities: Butler, Backupman, Filez, KeyCaps, Keepoff,
    Laissez Faire
    Strongly suggest new version of Directory Assistant - has a get directions feature - which connects to mapquest directly - excellent - is free -
    get it here Version 3.24
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-76.html
    Planetarium
    Tidetool
    Zoskware Pro (since my PalmPro w\2MB IR upgrade - still works)
    Autobase
    ReDo

Maybe I need to try out some of these new fangled apps. So far Chatter seems to be solid.

M
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast