Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Meinken
    Filez, Dir Asistance, eReader,BackupMan(1.55),Leonard Maltin Movie Guide(though I wish there were more updates to the database)
    Filez and eReader !! Yes, a must apps as well.

I beta tested the Leonard Maltin Movie Guide from Landware. Nice app -- but I agree -- monthly updates (rather than yearly) to the main review data base would be great.

Cheers, Perry.
    Seems EVERYBODY has DA on their list! I stopped using it several "generations" ago (I think when I first got my Treo 600) and it didn't work consistantly.

Now, we have On Demand which is installed IN THE ROM and it offers a "411" feature.

Why are yall still using DA, and after searching Palmgear, the last update to the program was in 2001 and it got HORRIBLE reviews. Is that the version everybody is using???

Very Curious!

K
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed
    Seems EVERYBODY has DA on their list! I stopped using it several "generations" ago (I think when I first got my Treo 600) and it didn't work consistantly.

Now, we have On Demand which is installed IN THE ROM and it offers a "411" feature.

Why are yall still using DA, and after searching Palmgear, the last update to the program was in 2001 and it got HORRIBLE reviews. Is that the version everybody is using???

Very Curious!

K

DA is AWESOME! hands down a winner in my book.

its much faster than On Demand 411, and allows you to save the search in your address book.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    DA is AWESOME! hands down a winner in my book.

its much faster than On Demand 411, and allows you to save the search in your address book.
    Faster than On Demand? I get really fast results, and I also have the option to save to contacts, dial or map.

Are you using the version thats on Palmgear, last updated 2001?

Thanks again

K
    Faster than On Demand? I get really fast results, and I also have the option to save to contacts, dial or map.

Thanks again

K
    I'm with you. My early experience with OnDemand is pretty good. I've loaded the new beta of DA for comparison (and just in case they start charging for OnDemand 411).
    Chatter, Verichat(when they get it to work), VSFTP, ZLancher, TCPCP, Clock(so i don't get late from my lunch and breaks), TomTom.

Opps thats more than 5 but who's counting.
    I have a lot to say but I dont want to get banned...AGAIN!!
    I still TRY to use Avantgo, but it has real problems maintaining it's cookie-connection to my 700p, so I too-frequently find myself with nothing cached and no ability to refresh until I can get back to a PC and reset my connection over the web.

As someone who spends alot of time on the ocean I have always enjoyed TideTool and feel like that FREE program alone has sold thousands of Palm devices.

My girlfriend is a flight attendant and FlightStatus comes in handy and is a great FREE Gee-Whiz demonstrator to friends about what having a Treo is like.

I figured out a great way to use the camera - and its even better now with the 700p's improved resolution. I snap photos of store and restaurant hours and the class schedule on the whiteboard at my gym, and the weekly activity schedule of my kid's summer camp. I also snap photos of restaurant menus so that I can refer to them in the future, and to support blogging restaurant reviews.
    Last edited by Keefer Lucas; 06/21/2006 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Grammar
    Im using version 3.22.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Treo 600 user here.

CallFilter
    Splash Money
    Snapper Mail
    Resco Backup
    VeriChat

I could list a lot more.
    Initiate
    2day
    Splashmoney
    xiino
    quick news
    I'm curious about something....for those that have zlauncher and filez, what are the advantages to filez? I seem to be able to do everything i need with the file manager in zlauncher, and i've alwasy wondered why people need both.

Please educate me.

As for programs:

Chatter
    Zlauncher
    4Cast
    Uninstall Manager
    Tie between Kmpas and Ptunes.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    LauncherX
    Backupman
    PdaNet
    Card Export II
    Resco Explorer

Honorable Mentions:

PTunes
    Sharklinks
    Uninstall Manager
    2PlayMe
    Pics&Vids
    Banner
    Checklist
    OnDemand

SMEGGIE
    KeyCaps
    ZLauncher
    Sprint Business Connect
    PTunes
    DocsToGo
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefer Lucas
    My girlfriend is a flight attendant and FlightStatus comes in handy and is a great FREE Gee-Whiz demonstrator to friends about what having a Treo is like.
    I just tried this and it's awesome!!

I have bookmarks to a few airline sites, but this takes care of that and has a link to the flight path tracker.
    Chatter, Agendus Pro, ADarian Money, BWM, 4cast
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    DA, SplashData, Hold'em, Billiards, Intellisync, eReader, Handyshop, RescoBackup

I would say pTunes but is skips and is unlistenable right now. I am using my mp3 player only.
    Favorite "Can Live Without" Apps:

1. Launcher X
    2. Pocket Quicken
    3. eReader
    4. Passwords Plus
    5. Butler

Not NECESSARILY in that order
    Beyond Contacts, PalmVNC, BackupMan, KayCaps, Business Connection
    Where is 'On Demand'? Can't seem to locate it on my handheld. I am on Verizon if that makes a difference.

Very Curious!

K
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by justleft
    Where is 'On Demand'? Can't seem to locate it on my handheld. I am on Verizon if that makes a difference.
    OnDemand is Sprint only, however, you can download Handmark Express, its the same thing only with a different name.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast