1.    #1  
    Hello--

I am trying to install the Eudora Internet Suite. First of all, has anybody used it and is it good? Second of all, I can't seem to unpack the files from the archive as it requests a password! Eudora doesn't seem to have information on this on their webpage, but both versions (current and beta) from their page and the one on PalmGear have this password requirement to unpack the files. Help!

Thanks
    JakeBlues2
    "the BAND!"
    i downloaded EIS today, to try it out once again and had the same problem - the self-installing archive asks for password (although it is free and doesn't require registering). couldn't find anything about it on the homepage. please help.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Let me ask the obvious,did you download the correct file? They have several platforms and I know some of them are fee based. I downloaded the Palm platform last week and was not asked for a p/w.
    Howard
    well, i followed the link "Download Eudora Internet Suite for free." (this gave me an idea that i really could get something for free) which led me to this page. i downloaded "EIS 2.1.exe", tried to open it and here i am now.
    i have used earlier versions of EIS before without any troubles
    Originally posted by MrKaarel
    well, i followed the link "Download Eudora Internet Suite for free." (this gave me an idea that i really could get something for free) which led me to this page. i downloaded "EIS 2.1.exe", tried to open it and here i am now.
    i have used earlier versions of EIS before without any troubles
    This is very strange. I just downloaded the very same file from the site you mentioned and I had no problem installing the software. It did not ask me for a password either. Which ISP are you using? Explain in detail what you try to do and what exactly happen. Let us know the prompts say.
    well, it seems to be just my computer. i tried to open the very same file i had downloaded with my workmates computer and it worked. the solution from the faq
    ISSUE:

I'm asked to enter a username and password when I try to install EIS 2.0.

SOLUTION:

Your computer may have too much temporary information stored. Here are a few things to try:

...delete some temp files, etc...
    well, i tried this also but with no success.

thanks for answering.

kaarel