Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I checked the zztechs website yesterday to find a new release of zlauncher 5.42b4. In the menu the option it is already checked to make zlauncher your default launcher. I tested it out by hitting the home button on my keypad a few times and also reseting my phone. Both times the Zlauncher came back as my default launcher. So I guess the guys at zztech are making good progress. Now we don't need LudusP to redirect our launcher.
    The home key is still able to power the 700P on right?

One reason we have been told here for using LudusP for remapping the home button is that that LudusP runs much faster and the method ZZTechs used for remapping the home button is not optimized for the 700P.
  3.    #3  
    it is now.It takes you home with no 2 second lag
    Quote Originally Posted by cccablecompany
    it is now.It takes you home with no 2 second lag
    That has been my experience as well with the newest beta from zztechs. I am not sure that there is a usefulness for Tyler's application for all people unless you want to do a major remap.

Regards,

Jim
    Hmmm... So ZZTechs made b4 ARM optimized like Tyler's apps.? LudusP is still good for remapping the green button.
  6.    #6  
    yep, But when i remapped the green button as blazer/web it would not start my home page. The page would always be blank. When i scrolled and clicked web my home page would pop up. Does LudusP have bugs??
    Of course it has bugs. It's a pretty new app.. You should post about this bug in LudusTech's forum here.
    I wish ZZtech would make Zlauncher able to remap the green button. That would be sweet.
    We can email ZZTechs with that request. They're usually pretty quick to incorporate requested features.
    ZZTechs seem very responsive to incorporate the requested features but they are very slow in verbally replying to requests. I would love to have some type of feedback from them like the excellent input that Shimon gives at shsh software with TakePhone.

Regards,

Jim
    Im glad with the new beta it doesnt rob my home key like B3. I can STILL USELudusP. I have my green button mapped to home and I have the home button launch the file drop down menus, works out well for me.
    So maybe we can make a poll on what is/are the 3 most common options that users here feel that the Green button ought to do. Then we can email zztech to see if they can incorporate it. yes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator
    I wish ZZtech would make Zlauncher able to remap the green button. That would be sweet.
    Although it's been mentioned in other threads, I thought I'd post it here too. If you use Quick Launch like I do, Zlauncher lets you remap the green button for this super easily. I love the QL at the top now, and I've gotten used to the menu at the bottom right. So this is an option for those who could benefit from this feature.
    maybe they'll respond "verbally" quicker if you type in chinese LOL just kidding Dr CJ. I wouldn't be surprise they got their Chinese to English translation pda out when they reply. That is probably why they rather incorporate the requested features instead of email. I am cool with that

Quote Originally Posted by DrCJ
    ZZTechs seem very responsive to incorporate the requested features but they are very slow in verbally replying to requests. I would love to have some type of feedback from them like the excellent input that Shimon gives at shsh software with TakePhone.

Regards,

Jim
    it still doesn't have a working signal bar icon or evdo icon. but good enough for short term.
    Quote Originally Posted by wballz33
    it still doesn't have a working signal bar icon or evdo icon. but good enough for short term.
    This question is simply a matter of curiosity and to educate myself: Why the need for a signal bar & EVDO icon in Zlauncher? Since you don't make calls or do Internet out of Zlauncher, I'm just wondering what purpose would it serve. I would rather have them in the application I'm using at that time (phone, Blazer, Causerie, etc). If you could let me know, I'd appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    I just installed the beta, and I will definitely be going back to the last stable version WITHOUT the Home key fix. With LudusP, I was able to exclude the programs where I didn't want the Home key to go back to ZLauncher. With the new "fix", Zlauncher now hijacks the Home key so it can't be used for many games. I now have to exit ZLauncher before I can play games. I liked it better the other way: Old ZL plus LudusP works perfectly with game controls, and all I had to do to exit games is Opt-Home.
    So Games would be one of the priorities - to launch with the Green button?
    I would say my priority would be one of my medical progs- a drug database that I frequently like to refer to. It would be nice to bring it up with one hit.
    Others please do speak up.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator
    So Games would be one of the priorities - to launch with the Green button?
    I would say my priority would be one of my medical progs- a drug database that I frequently like to refer to. It would be nice to bring it up with one hit.
    Others please do speak up.
    I think we are talking about different things. I use my green button for my all-in-one Phone App....it's a Send button. I don't want it for games, or any other apps for that matter. My point was that for me LudusP + the old ZL works better than the new ZL beta that fixes the Home button.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast