1.    #1  
    i want the keep the settings in preferences that says always vibrate, but i want to be able to silence my phone including turning off vibrate when i want...how can i do that??
    go to sound & alerts in preferences. There's a drop down list for options in vibrate mode. select never on all the applications. now when you switch to vibrate, nothing will happen.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    go to sound & alerts in preferences. There's a drop down list for options in vibrate mode. select never on all the applications. now when you switch to vibrate, nothing will happen.
    but i want it to vibrate when its not on vibrate...how can i do that?
    I guess you need a ringer that just vibrates.
    Quote Originally Posted by EricDMiller

you contradict yourself.

" i want to be able to silence my phone including turning off vibrate when i want"

...and now you say you want it to vibrate?
    I know what he is saying and it isn't contradictory at all. He wants to be able to have three modes (and so do I):

1) An alert sound with vibrate
    2) Vibrate only
    3) absolute silence without any vibrate or ring tone

I'd like to know if there is a quick way to do this too.
    look for Profiles (simple profile manager). It will let you do what you want, and it's free.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Parallel universe?
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
    Yes, get Profiles. But some settings don't port over to 700P preferences. It works adequately in general.
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    look for Profiles (simple profile manager). It will let you do what you want, and it's free.
    profiles isnt working for my 700p....am i doing something wrong?
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    profiles isnt working for my 700p....am i doing something wrong?
    You need the latest beta for the 700p.
  12.    #12  
    under application-sound, i set sound off vibrate to off and it still vibrates when i have the switch on top set to off. what did i do wrong?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    Yes, get Profiles. But some settings don't port over to 700P preferences. It works adequately in general.
    is that what you mean by some settings don't port over to the 700p?
    ^mail 'tone' settings in Profiles don't port over to Versamail preferences but 'volume' does. Also system sound 'volume' settings in Profiles don't affect the 'Phone Alerts' preferences. So in my meeting profile (everything set to 'off' in profiles) my voicemail tone will still beep depending on preferences setting. Hope this is clear. I'm sure Milan is working on it.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by danspalmone
    I know what he is saying and it isn't contradictory at all. He wants to be able to have three modes (and so do I):

1) An alert sound with vibrate
    2) Vibrate only
    3) absolute silence without any vibrate or ring tone

I'd like to know if there is a quick way to do this too.

does profilecare from go treo software have this feature that were looking for?

http://gotreosoftware.com/products/ProfileCare/