1.    #1  
    Or that's pretty much the answer when I pinged their Business Solutions group:

Mr. Lunceford,
    The set up for the BBC began before the Treo 700p was developed.
    Initially the BBC, should the carriers ever finish their testing, will only
    be for the 650. I assume another one will come out for the 700p but I could
    not guess the time line for it. Cingular's release keeps getting pushed back
    for this one. So far there is nothing written in stone. I have no idea what
    is holding them back.

Thank you,
    Judy Fix
    Palm Representative

> Question regarding the timeline for BlackBerry Connect to be released for the
    > 700P.
    >
    > I understand that Sprint isn't even evaluating for the 700 series, and that
    > they only went up to limited testing for the 650. Despite that, the BBC
    > client released in Singapore and AU works well on other carriers, including
    > Sprint.
    >
    > Users of the new 700P, however, report that the 650 version of BBC doesn't
    > work on the 700p. I've purchased a 700P, but frankly plan on returning at
    > this point because the BBC feature is so important to me. As my firm has
    > standardized on BES and won't be purchasing another enterprise-level mobile
    > email solution/server, BBC is the only way I can keep the Treo/form-factor I
    > like, yet still be in compliance with our IT policies.
    >
    > Is there a way to install BBC onto a 700P? Are there any carriers planning to
    > support? Will Palm plan on releasing a 700P version of BBC as a standalone
    > app?
    Disappointing. I tried to get Chatter to work with OWA, but my IT shop's setup didn't appear to play nice with Chatter on my 650. Seriously considering eBaying the 700 unless there's someone bright here that can figure out some sort of hack that allows BBC to work on the 700P.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    I have a feeling that the only way you will see a working version for the 700p is when the GSM version off the 700 is released and the Singapore carrier updates their version of BBC. For some reason Palm doesnt seem to interested in this.

This brings up my rant for the night....There is no real good (except Good) enterprise email solution available for the Palm OS. I know chatter is suppose to be great, but my company doesnt support IMAP, and our OWA servers require vpn and secure ID. BBC is not supported by palm and there is no way our company will look at Good, Sprint Business Connect or Verizon Wireless Sync.

We have two options, Blackberry or Exchange Direct Push. So, while I would love to get the 700p, I guess Im stuck with the 700w.
    No surprise here. Since we know Palm isn't putting one out...feel free to add to the bounty for someone to make a fix for us.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=117434
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    I'd be as thrilled as the next person if blackberry connect were to be released for the 650 and /or 700p, but let's face it. Its not happening. something soured in the deal between rimm and palm - or maybe it was shelved while the recent lawsuit took place.

in any case, BBC looks like it's in the rearview mirror for us here.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    BBC IS out for the 650... just not officially supported. It has been reviewed and WORKS with most carriers- sprint being the easiest
  6.    #6  
    yep, it works great on the 650, which is why it's so frustrating that it's not plug 'n play for the 700. See here: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=112142
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman
    This brings up my rant for the night....There is no real good (except Good) enterprise email solution available for the Palm OS. I know chatter is suppose to be great, but my company doesnt support IMAP, and our OWA servers require vpn and secure ID.

We have two options, Blackberry or Exchange Direct Push. So, while I would love to get the 700p, I guess Im stuck with the 700w.
    If your company is supporting Direct Push, you should be able to use the VersaMail's Exchange ActiveSync settings -- AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $DirectPush$ $requires$ $nothing$ $more$ $or$ $less$ $than$ $that$. $Admittedly$, $I$ $haven$'$t$ $played$ $with$ $all$ $the$ $combinations$, $but$ $I$ $know$ $that$ $you$ $have$ $to$ $sign$ $up$ $a$ $device$ $to$ $DirectPush$, $so$ $there$ *$must$* $be$ $some$ $form$ $of$ $access$ $from$ $the$ '$outside$' $allowed$ $to$ $the$ $exchange$ $server$.

I'm not saying that VersaMail is as nice as BBC, Goodlink, or DirectPush but it at least gets you email and calendaring.

Steve
    If your company is supporting Direct Push, you should be able to use the VersaMail's Exchange ActiveSync settings -- AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $DirectPush$ $requires$ $nothing$ $more$ $or$ $less$ $than$ $that$.
    Sorry to say, but this is not correct. We only support msfp devices. There is a checkbox in the System manager that once checked removes support for non-msfp devices.

Also, we use a non standard Exchange certificate. As far as I know, there is now way to load this certificate on a palm os device.
    Any more good news? It has been an absolute nightmare trying to get it to work on my 700.
    Bo