1.    #1  
    My Verizon 700P, new last week, initially did successfully make connections to the broadband data network. Then, after a few days, I started getting this error message when it tried to connect: "Please check your username and password and try again. Your mobile service provider may not support dial-up connections."
    Tried a hard reset to no avail. Now I get the error every time. Verizon data tech says there's something wrong with the hardware because the data network connection settings are built-in, so they're sending me a new phone. But I'm skeptical - if it were defective hardware then I would never have been able to connect, right?
    Anyway have any experience/insight with this?

(Notes: I AM doing this testing while in my home coverage area, and with full EVDO signal present; Verizon says they've verified all the settings of my account are correct on their end)
    the user name should be youre phone #@vzw3g.com and the password is vzw.
    (i.e.6666666666@vzw3g.com) this would be in the network settings. sometimes these get reset for some unknown reason. hope that helps
  3.    #3  
    Good info to check, thanks. Unfortunately, when I try to look at the settings for Broadband Service in Network Prefs, it's locked. Says, "This network service has been pre-installed by your mobile service provider, and cannot be edited." Anywhere else to look?
    Go into the phone app and from the menu select Phone Info. It shows the Verizon username in the dialog that pops up.

Quote Originally Posted by djfriedman
    Good info to check, thanks. Unfortunately, when I try to look at the settings for Broadband Service in Network Prefs, it's locked. Says, "This network service has been pre-installed by your mobile service provider, and cannot be edited." Anywhere else to look?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  5.    #5  
    The Verizon Username in Phone Info appears correct with (myphonenumber)@vzw3g.com
    But Phone Info does not show me the password.
    I believe the password is the same for everyone. I've been using "vzw" with no problem.
  7.    #7  
    OK, forgive my newbie ignorance, but I'm never getting prompted for a password when it tries to connect. Where/when are you "using" vzw?

Given that it did connect at first, does anybody join in my skepticism of what Verizon's telling me about it being the hardware? I mean, how could the hardware have changed in my possession beyond what a hard reset and *22899 programming couldn't change back?
    maybe try dialing *22899 to program your phone again. Maybe there is a corrupt piece of code in your programming.
  9.    #9  
    OK, so it turns out Verizon tech support was right! (Call me cynical) I received the new phone and it works perfectly right out of the box. Thanks everyone for your efforts.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I'm in the same boat, waiting for a replacement
    I may have misunderstood your previous question. The Treo itself never asks or needs a password. But when I'm using it for DUN from my laptop, that's the password I use on the laptop connection.

Quote Originally Posted by djfriedman
    OK, forgive my newbie ignorance, but I'm never getting prompted for a password when it tries to connect. Where/when are you "using" vzw?

Given that it did connect at first, does anybody join in my skepticism of what Verizon's telling me about it being the hardware? I mean, how could the hardware have changed in my possession beyond what a hard reset and *22899 programming couldn't change back?