1.    #1  
    I have a Treo 600 with T-Mobile service and “unlimited t-zones pro” data service. I’m trying to come up with a way to get access to my work email on my Treo. My company doesn’t have pop or IMAP service and our IT won’t install any software on the server or do anything special for me to get email on my Treo. Their solution is to tell me to get a Blackberry – but I want to keep using my Treo. I can get email remotely via the internet using Outlook Web Access, and can log in to my account using Blazer, but it doesn’t appear in the screen properly – there’s no way to see or read the email.

I tried Chatter OWA, but found out it doesn’t work with T-Mobile. Is there any way I can get my company email on my Treo? I know I could get a Sprint or Verizon Treo and should be able to get email via OWA using Chatter, but I’d prefer not to spend the money if I don’t have to. Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks
    I tried Chatter OWA, but found out it doesn’t work with T-Mobile.
    It doesnt? It might just not work with tzones. the port is probably blocked.
    You will probably need to upgrade you T-Mobile account to the full internet access service ie. $29.99 service.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Chatter OWA won't push your email with T-Mobile but it will work with a timed sych.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman
    It doesnt? It might just not work with tzones. the port is probably blocked.
    Marc from Chatter told me it doesn't work with T-Mo and I needed to get Sprint or Verizon. I will try bumping up my service to the full T-Mo internet access and see what happens.

Is anyone out there currently using Chatter OWA with T-Mo?
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky76
    I have a Treo 600 with T-Mobile service and “unlimited t-zones pro” data service. I’m trying to come up with a way to get access to my work email on my Treo. My company doesn’t have pop or IMAP service and our IT won’t install any software on the server or do anything special for me to get email on my Treo. Their solution is to tell me to get a Blackberry – but I want to keep using my Treo. I can get email remotely via the internet using Outlook Web Access, and can log in to my account using Blazer, but it doesn’t appear in the screen properly – there’s no way to see or read the email.
    They don't have to _add_ any software. They just have to enable imaps access in Exchange. Then people can get their email remotely using Eudora also... (better than running Outlook). Won't they do that?
    2 solutions.

1. Use Chatteremail, I have tmobile and it is working fine (pull not push). Works on my $30 internet plan and also worked on the SIM that I pulled from my blackberry to use in the treo, which connects to T-zones thru the BB unlimited BES plan.

2. Your other option is to spend $30 a month using T-mobile "My Corporate email". They don't advertise this anymore, but they still have it.

Basically with either you enter in some information once (outlook web address etc) and it uses this to retrieve your mail. In my opinion, $30 once for Chatter is better than $30 a month for My Corporate email, but both should work for you.