Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    GoodGuy, are there any plans to allow the native Palm application to be the main contacts application rather than it being automatically replaced by the GoodLink Contact application? Nearly all of my personal contacts are in the Palm application, and it's nice having the caller ID interface with this database rather than the Outlook database. Indeed, I had to use FileZ to work around this problem! Thanks!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I don't speak for good, but I doubt this will ever happen.

there are way too many "normal" users (not power users) who would get very confused by it. it's not hard to just delete the stub app if you really want both, and as I've said before, you don't need FileZ to do it. the normal palm launcher works fine to delete the stub(s).
    It is my understanding we are/were looking into using the Palm native stores, but I doubt it will happen anytime soon, but I don't know. There are workarounds that are posted here at TC to allow use of the Palm contacts, however, that don't require FileZ
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    It is my understanding we are/were looking into using the Palm native stores...
    Does that go for Windows Mobile, too?
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    It is my understanding we are/were looking into using the Palm native stores, but I doubt it will happen anytime soon, but I don't know. There are workarounds that are posted here at TC to allow use of the Palm contacts, however, that don't require FileZ
    Hopefully the use of the Palm native application won't involve replacement of the Palm database with the GoodLink database. I like being able to keep information in the Palm database separate from the GoodLink database!