1.    #1  
    I can't overstate how angry I am right now. You'd think Palm would have made the headset jack more sturdy after all the returns they got on the 650 but it appears they haven't. I have a 700P that I've only had for about a month and the headset jack is now dying. I use my Palms as MP3 Players but after numerous 650 returns and now a looming 700P return I'm just going to give up and get an iPod. What a friggin waste that is though. I only want to carry around one device.
    Last edited by NDPTAL85; 06/20/2006 at 06:34 PM.
    Well if you hate carrying around multiple devices, skip the iPod and get a very small MP3 player. The mobiblu cube small enough for you?
    Have you thought about trying one of these out? You dont have to use the jack that way.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=227
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    What adapter do you use?
  5.    #5  
    PRANKSTER, I know your trying to help but I already have one of those that I used to use with my T650. Its just not elegant and we've all paid a lot for these devices.

ISLNDBOI, the iPod Nanos are small enough for me. I just don't want another device period. Its cumbersome to have to take out your MP3 player headphones to talk on your phone.
    how about a 3.5 mm jack in the antenna?
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Well, if you have tryed all the options its not going to happen and you have answered your own question (The one you kind of asked, LOL) You have tryed headsets in the current jack, and you have tried the connector type adaptor. Ao there is no way to acheive what you want to do. You eith live with the connector/jack adaptor or live with the fact that you will have to carry two devices. The treo is a convergance device it does all things, it just doesnt do them all well. Of course if you want a very good mp3 player you buy a dedicated mp3. See what im trying to say?

Sorry couldnt been of any help.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    how about a 3.5 mm jack in the antenna?
    Wow, i have never looked at your avatar in detail before thats quite impressive. Well Done! Im just reading your site now.

I spoke to soon there is another option, you spend alot of time and hard work and make one of those!!!!

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    Well, if you have tryed all the options its not going to happen and you have answered your own question (The one you kind of asked, LOL) You have tryed headsets in the current jack, and you have tried the connector type adaptor. Ao there is no way to acheive what you want to do. You eith live with the connector/jack adaptor or live with the fact that you will have to carry two devices. The treo is a convergance device it does all things, it just doesnt do them all well. Of course if you want a very good mp3 player you buy a dedicated mp3. See what im trying to say?

Sorry couldnt been of any help.
    I dunno, I don't think the mark of a "very good" mp3 player is that the headphone jack works for more than 30 days. That seems to be a baseline requirement.
    Obviously Palm put a lot of thought into beefing up the entertainment aspect of the Treo with streaming video, audio and pocket player on board...so they must have assumed that these functions were a "core" function of the device. If that is the case, being able to actually hear the entertainment more than 30 days after you purchased the device isn't too much to expect.

I think they missed the boat on this big time if the headphone jack is fragile. I've only had mine for a week, but I had forgotten how much I missed using it as a MP3 player. I went through 6 Treo650's in a year and half....and when the last one went down...I just gave up.
    Quote Originally Posted by MiteMom
    I dunno, I don't think the mark of a "very good" mp3 player is that the headphone jack works for more than 30 days.
    LOL, I cant offer any more advice, apart from getting on to palm/sprint and getting a replacement and hope for the best. And that their QA will actually work this time, that is to say it is a QA problem, however from what you have said it doesnt look good. (I know this was a problem with the 650, but from my experience with the 650 i never saw it so it might be)

Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    Have you thought about trying one of these out? You dont have to use the jack that way.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=227

The Seido adapter doensn't work with the 700p. For some reason Palm chose not to include audio out support through the multi-connector/serial port as in the 650. Seido is still looking into fixes for most of their products because of it, last I heard.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  12.    #12  
    My initial report was incorrect. I was using a seidio 2-in-1 headset. It was the headset that was faulty. I've had it the entire time I had my 650 so I didn't suspect the headset at first. When I got home I was able to try my Palm stereo headset and it works fine.

I apologize to anyone I've led astray.

Note: Those 650's I went through WERE faulty. I would always check them against multiple headsets and not all of the returns were about the headset jack anyways.
    seido sucks. period
    Quote Originally Posted by NDPTAL85
    My initial report was incorrect. I was using a seidio 2-in-1 headset. It was the headset that was faulty. I've had it the entire time I had my 650 so I didn't suspect the headset at first. When I got home I was able to try my Palm stereo headset and it works fine.

I apologize to anyone I've led astray.

Note: Those 650's I went through WERE faulty. I would always check them against multiple headsets and not all of the returns were about the headset jack anyways.
    Are you sure the headset is faulty? I just went through two different stereo headsets that wont work on the 700p - only sound out of one ear and the answer/hang up button doesn't work. They worked fine on another phone. The free headset that came with the 700 does work for some reason.
    Interesting comment about Palm removing sound through the sync port. My 700p goes silent when I plug it into my windshield charging cradle (which I got as part of a GPS bundle from Semsons). I wonder if it's related.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula
    The Seido adapter doensn't work with the 700p. For some reason Palm chose not to include audio out support through the multi-connector/serial port as in the 650. Seido is still looking into fixes for most of their products because of it, last I heard.
    Palm's removal of the audio out from the main port is frustrating. My 650 jack died like many others and I turned to the Siedio solution, which although a bit bulkier and prone to disconnection, worked well. I can confirm that this adapter no longer works with Sprint 700p. Currently, the jack is working OK but I'm skeptical of its longetivity given past unreliability. I don't have the Innodock, but I guess the audio out jack no longer works with that, either. What's the point of this removal of function?