Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Any feedback on Agendus v11.0 from anyone that's already upgraded? Has speed improved? Is it stable? I plan on upgrading for $9.95.
    I have been actively participating in the beta.

The basics are the same. There is going to be a new "premium" version that will allow for SMS based scheduling with your contacts. It has not been released or beta'd yet.

Added a new "Power Search" that will let you do web based searches (411 searches, web searches).

I have always thought highly of the program and it is my most important app. I tried an i730, but had to go back to palm for Agendus.
    Thanks,

Mark

Palm III > Palm Vx > Sony Clie PEG760N > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I participated in the beta. I would say that v11 is pretty stable. I thought that the program loads quicker then version 10 as the beta went along. I have not yet loaded the offical version.
    Sprint Treo 700P
  4.    #4  
    Well, I figured, "what the heck" and installed the v11.0 final version. It definately loads faster on my handset (compared to v10.7). I use Agendus extensively and will be travelling for the next few days. I will post any observations back to this thread, but thus far the list of enhancements is worth $10.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MediaMgl
    Well, I figured, "what the heck" and installed the v11.0 final version. It definately loads faster on my handset (compared to v10.7). I use Agendus extensively and will be travelling for the next few days. I will post any observations back to this thread, but thus far the list of enhancements is worth $10.
    Huh?
    I bought the upgrade and it definitely loads slower when accessing my "Today" screen...
    Have not tested the new functions as yet.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    I agree with the earlier comments regarding slow load times. I assigned agendus v11 to the calendar button, and I get a white screen for a number of seconds before the calender displays. Also, when switching from day to day it is slow in refreshing the screen. At this point I will return to using the native calender program until these performance issues get fixed.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MediaMgl
    I echo your sentiments. I beta'd this and found it to be relatively unstable with frequent crashes. The last build seemed okay. I'm perfectly happy with v10.07
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    sounds like i'm staying with 10.7

Thanks for the Mini reviews
    It seems that in adding a new contact, in 10, in the phone lines the default was for the numbers lock to be on. In 11 that does not seem to be the case. Is there a correction or setting I am not aware of? The default to capitalize the first letter in the name lines is still in place.
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin
    It seems that in adding a new contact, in 10, in the phone lines the default was for the numbers lock to be on. In 11 that does not seem to be the case. Is there a correction or setting I am not aware of? The default to capitalize the first letter in the name lines is still in place.
    have 10.7 and my phone number entires are not defaulting to numbers??

maybe i'm missing a setting???
    Does version 11 of Agendus now use the default picture database from the Contacts app, or does it still use it's own database? What I am effectively asking is can Agendus now use the photos in Agendus for caller ID photos?

Thanks in advance.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    I've been using it Agendus 11 for about a week. I like it and it's stable. Some nice additions like the forward/back buttons at the bottom of the screen, being able to relate contacts to each other, power search (just the Treo or the web), the ability to create a checklist that you can check off with the stylus for meeting notes or shopping lists or whatever.

It still relies on its own picture database and does not pull from the Treo's native contact manager database.
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I also tested the betas, count me in for re-installing version 10.7. 11 has a upgraded trip feature I couldn't get to add a simple airline trip leaving one day non-stop and coming back another... Checking their web site (Iambic) forum - there are several issues with advertised features that don't work...
    Quote Originally Posted by bheuss
    It still relies on its own picture database and does not pull from the Treo's native contact manager database.
    It does pull the pics from Treo's native database, but the resolution is horrible for some reason. The speed on this application is a major reason holding me back.
    I upgraded from 10.07 to 11.0 this morning. I clicked on the mail icon at the bottom of my contact view, and the app tried to set up a new mail account, entitled Versamail. I didn't want to do that, cancelled out, and went to check my email. Now, all my other e-mail accounts have disappeared, leaving the Versamail account that I thought I cancelled. Now I have to figure out all the settings necessary to get my four e-mail accounts working again.

I should have known not to install a x.0 version of an app, especially one that's so bug ridden as Agendus Pro [have you ever looked at the fix list from one incremental version to the next? incredible]
  16.    #16  
    Well, 8 days on and I've experienced one "severe" issue -- time zone settings in appointments.

Appointment sync with Outlook seems inconsistent (or consistently inconsistent?!?).

I can't figure out the trend. Some appointments sync as they should, others get assigned a new time zone (GMT-5), and others are at a 3rd time zone -- although this 3rd type could be related to me experimenting; should I set the UK to GMT+1 or London time and tick the DST box....

I'm searching through the Iambic forums to see if there's anything posted over there about this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by bestoverall
    It does pull the pics from Treo's native database, but the resolution is horrible for some reason. The speed on this application is a major reason holding me back.

This is great news! I havge been holding back until they implemented this feature. But, does the lower resolution affect picture caller IDs? What I mean is, when a call comes in, does the picture on the screen look low-res also?

Thanks in advance!

Rob
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    I love TC. You guys just saved me a ton of hassle by avoiding Agendus 11 until they work through the bugs. I find it amazing that Iambic charges for version upgrades when the upgrades themselves are mostly bug fixes and only a few new feature-sets. But I still like the app -ONLY IF- it's stable. I'm having enough problems with my Treo 700p slowing down. Thanks again to all who offered their experiences and referred to Iambic forums blowing up about v.11.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    I'm having severe issues with v11. I just can't run it - after the package installer runs, BOOOM, the Treo650 resets.
    I have had to revert back to v10.07 which is stable for me.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Okay, I think I only need to say this once...

If an alarm and pretty much ANYTHING ELSE happen back to back (two alarms, a phone call, an sms, etc....) the Treo will slow to a crawl until soft reset.

This bug has been in Agendus FOREVER and they just keep ignoring it.

Do you have two alarms go off sometimes, like if you're in a meeting and ignore one of them? How about an alarm then you get an SMS? Yep.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast