Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Not tried it myself yet though....

http://www.splashdata.com/splashtravel/index.htm
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Looks intresting hopfully they will release a PPC version. Going to test it later tonight, but looks as if their going head to head with worldmate on this one. Will be intresting to see, when i have tested it i will write a comprasion between the two. Thanks for the heads up
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Jolly good, should be interesting. Is it me, or is there hardly any new Palm OS apps being released anymore?
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Emm yeah, theres not as many as back in the 600 days when we saw the first big change to the treo and everyone was eager to play etc. But now nothing seems to have changed and the OS itself sees to be slowly coming to hault. And with all the devolpers knowing that POS will end production, even be it in a few years. Why spend time to devolpe somehting that is going to be obsolete in the near future. POS and the treo community i fell is slowly grinding to a stop, we need something, a big change to boost intrest and enthusiasm into both users and devlopers. IMHO
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Sad state of affairs; it puts me off buying apps like quickpedia for $14.95 because I won't really get my money out of them.....

Any how, I'm drifting OT lol

actually isn't even really new...splash bought the rights to worldmate (pretty sure that was worldmate) and this is their release of it.

I am not totally sure of this but am pretty sure that's right.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    actually isn't even really new...splash bought the rights to worldmate (pretty sure that was worldmate) and this is their release of it.

I am not totally sure of this but am pretty sure that's right.
    Havnt heard that.

Well if it just a re-branded version of worldmate theres going to be no changes, but you never know! They might have thrown something in to treat us.

Dutch you got a link?, i tried a google and an advanced search here at TC and couldnt find anything.

I read it on mtdn
    WorldMate 10.0 and WorldMate Pro 5.x both you use OTA sync for currencies etc. -Splash travel does not when I last tested it a while back. OTA for currencies is very important to me. I just wish that MobiMate would update WorldMate 10 as it is from 2004.
    There is a SplashData Yahoo group (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SplashData/) where this app has been discussed. If I remember correctly, I think they tweaked a couple of things from the WorldMate version.
  11. jmh
    I'm not able to use the ALARM or TIMER features. When I tap on anything in ALARM, and when I tap on settings in TIMER, my Treo650 resets. Anyone have any idea why or what I can do to solve this problem?
    jmh-

Is the program on your SD card? I seem to remember reading somewhere about another program that did similar when loaded to the SD card, and the advise given on that was to never load programs to the SD card that have alarms/timers.
    I just loaded SplashTravel to the main memory of my Treo650 and it seems to be working fine, although it takes up a lot of memory space.
    Tonite I will attempt to move it to the SD card since the Splash website says that it can be run from an SD card. I'm hoping that the program remains stable on the SD card......
    SplashTravel is not a rebrand of WorldMate. Mobimate still puts out WorldMate and it's a lot more expensive than SplashTravel.