1.    #1  
    Simple question...

Does anyoner know a way to get audio (like from streaming on the web ptunes, kinoma etc) to a stereo bluetooth headset??

Is this possible with the 700p?

Mike
    Softick Audio Gateway (SAG)..not sure if compatible with 700p yet
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I'd like to know too. Anyone know of a product that works with the 700p?
    Blogging at Agabus.com

Palm V > Vx > Clie Peg T615C > T3 > Clie TH55 > T3 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p & T3
    I am using the trial of the Softick, and have yet to find a compatible headset. I have used the Logitech Stereo headphones that were on Woot last week, and am waiting to get the Motorola HT850 tomorrow. The logitech connects, but when i PTunes, the music will not play,(pauses and will not resume when it connects to the headphone). I can use the bluetooth adapter, and it works great, but its just not the same.

I will repost when i get the Motoroloa.
    Bo
    Try Audio Gateway previous version 1.03. You can download it here. If you have a registration for a newer version it will work on this older version.

I was able to adjust volume from my HP bluetooth stereo headphones but not change songs. The sound from pTunes is nice and it was good to be able to use my wireless stereo again via my Treo.
    Still waiting on my Motorola HT850. Hopefully today. Thanks for the tip on the old version.
    Bo
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boboone
    Still waiting on my Motorola HT850. Hopefully today. Thanks for the tip on the old version.
    The current version (1.06) and 1.05, DO NOT WORK with the 700P. 1.03 and 1.04 do work, but are pretty buggy, so not particularly reliable. Softick has apparently been working on a fix for almost 4 weeks now - they were estimating it by last week or even the week before, but it seems that it's been harder to fix than they thought...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

just got my 820 this morning and so far no luck. I will post more as soon as I get the older versions laded. With the 1.06, it changes songs, but no audio. SAG recognizes the headset and acts as if it going to work fine.

Update to come!
    Bo
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon
    The current version (1.06) and 1.05, DO NOT WORK with the 700P. 1.03 and 1.04 do work, but are pretty buggy, so not particularly reliable. Softick has apparently been working on a fix for almost 4 weeks now - they were estimating it by last week or even the week before, but it seems that it's been harder to fix than they thought...
    Maybe they're having a hard time with SAG cuz the BT module in the 700P is a piece of junk. Just read about all of the problems people (myself included) are having with their Bluetooth devices. I need a new headset, but people are having so many problems with so many headsets, I don't even know which one to buy. VERY FRUSTRATING. Palm should be ahamed that they did such a bad job implementing Bluetooh on this phone.
    well, I have had the 820 for a few hours now and I am getting frustrated. It kind of works, but not really.

I can get audio every so often, but then I get screen freezes, soft resets, non responsive keys, etc...

It worked great on a 2 hour drive home, then I was back at square one, because it lost the pairing???

I messed with the settings quite a bit, but no dice. I will post more later when I have more feedback.
    Bo
    Ive had very few issues with the pairing of my HT820s with my 700p, it pretty much works every time. Here is my magic formula, maybe this will work for some of you having issues with your HT820s:

1. Turn on BT headset
    2. Turn on BT radio on 700p
    3. Return to phone app (press phone button)
    4. Press Left hand button on headphones and release
    5. Successful pairing should be made at this point, may need to repeat #4 a few times, but it usually works within the first 3 times you press the button
    6. Go to SAG (Ive had better luck with SAG 1.04 than 1.03, but YMMV)
    7. Click the Remote button to complete the A2DP pairing
    8. Listen to Ptunes, sprinttv or TCMP and enjoy!

SAG is a lot more responsive (but apps are still pretty slow and the music will skip while using them) if you switch the bitrate to 230kbs.

Issues: Occasionally ptunes will lock up between songs and you will need to do a soft reset but for the most part, there is no skipping (except when the ptunes screen turns off) Its also a little slow sometimes when pressing the power button to turn the screen back on.

Be patient! This version of SAG was not designed for the 700p. I am happy it works at all!

Hope that helps anyone with the 820s! I have really been enjoying mine, especially at the gym with no wires!
    any idea where I can find 1.04 I am having alot of dropouts with 1.03
    You can get 1.04 here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3uqw5q
    still is CHOPPY with PTunrs. Not worth the effort on Ptunes. Works pretty good using www.thestreamcenter.com Softick!! HURRY!!
    Bo
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    It's been over a month now and still no word on when it might be out. Well, scratch that, there was initially word that it would be out around the middle of June, but that came and went with no further comments from Softick...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Well still no joy for me and 1.04 and the Motorola HT820s

The drop outs if I am moving at all are so common it basically becomes unusable (I listen primarily to podcasts via TCPMP....I' ll give Ptunes a shot and see if it does any better but I dont think it will make any difference.

Are there any other ideas for solving this drop out problem other than waiting for softtick? I really want to cut the cord here but being able to hear whatís being said is a wee bit important too!
    I have been using the ht820 with my unlocked treo 650 and Ptunes 3.1.1 and Audio Gateway v 1.06.657.
    At first it worked to listen to music but when a phonecall would come in it would freeze.
    I upgraded my treo to 1.20 from the palm site

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...lockedgsm.html

After the upgrade everything worked alot better.
    the only problem now is if I listen to music and an incoming call comes I have to Pause the music before I answer the call other wise the phone freezes.
    outgoing calls is no problem I can simply make the call and the music starts up right after the call is finished.

Also very cool is that the forward and backward buttons works with ptunes..

Very good sound with the ht820.

Anyone tried the plantronics?
    Well on the 700P with tcpmp I am now experiencing this rather annoying bug with SAG.

At the beginning of files (MP3 podcasts ) everything is fine but in the last 25% it becomes unlistenable pausing playback every second or two if I advance to the next track all is good again.... sigh only a few more days left in my trial and Iím sure not buying it till its fixed....
    I've got the HT820 (these model numbers are starting to get mixed up in my brain; hopefully, that's right) and it works with AudioGateway on the 650.

Dunno that that's of any help, but I thought I'd mention it... especially if there's not an A.G. specifically for the 700p.
    FYI 1.07 beta is out but no joy yet forr 700P users